Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
KewBeaver

Five years ago this week:
Hampton & Richmond 1 Oldham Athletic 2 in the FA Cup - live on BT Sports

Match highlights can be found here:
https://youtu.be/PS36Nn9C0oA?si=KAuopQgBX4lDUeLU

What are your memories of the evening?
Lord Elpus

My main memories are getting that dodgy penalty and not caring in the slightest about its dubious nature, and also the tactical naivety of continuing to try and keep attacking Oldham when we were a goal up but then just running out of steam.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

I was helping at the turnstiles, people were entering the ground right up until our penalty and goal. The ticket of the very last chap to enter the ground just wouldn't scan or had already been scanned and it was turning into a problem.

We heard the cheer for Hampton being awarded a penalty and actually mistook it for a goal, and when we heard the second cheer for Dickson's goal we momentarily believed Hampton were 2-0 up! In all the furore and excitement the chap who was arguing with us about his ticket hugged me and the senior steward said don't worry just let him in. I don't know whether he was included in the official attendance figure :D

Another memory is the draw for the 2nd round being held in the clubhouse. Before the match they actually did a practice run of the entire draw to make sure everything was working properly. In the practice run Hampton were drawn away to Portsmouth!!
HamptonLifer5

Was an incredible day, our day in the light of the TV. I was in the clubhouse when we drew Peterborough at home in a practice run! Maidstone away was a tad underwhelming. I often Watch the highlights and think what could've been when Zac Joseph almost hit the top corner from 25 yards! So close but yet so far!