Aveley here on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

tones wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:00 pm We were never going to make the play-off. We flattered to deceive and have now been found out. Players out injured and no goalscorer mean we will end where we were always going to end this season: mid-table! At least with the points we already have we shouldn't be relegated but after the last few matches I wouldn't bet on it.
Talk about reactionary...
KewBeaver

The crowd was 696.
Factors for the drop: families away for half term; quite a few home games in Feb/March, Brentford and Fulham both home.

Maybe the club and trust can come up with a pricing deal over the next month to attract fans with so many home games coming up.
EastTerracer

KewBeaver wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:02 pm The crowd was 696.
Factors for the drop: families away for half term; quite a few home games in Feb/March, Brentford and Fulham both home.

Maybe the club and trust can come up with a pricing deal over the next month to attract fans with so many home games coming up.
Perhaps lower inflation is having an effect too.
TW3 Beaver

I went to Brentford and made it to the game, only missed the first ten minutes.
Mucky knees

TW3 Beaver wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:24 am

I went to Brentford and made it to the game, only missed the first ten minutes.
And was it worthwhile going to Brenford in the first place...?

MK
Whoryer

Is it just a coincidence the only 2 times I can think of this season when the attendance hasn't been put on X was St Alban's and yesterday when the crowds were alot lower?
Big Rich

Interesting - a lot lower than recently.
Lord Elpus

It is a lot lower than recently. Undoubtedly half term will have had some effect but perhaps the pizza brigade have lost interest a bit now the long unbeaten run is at an end?
geedub

KewBeaver wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:02 pm Maybe the club and trust can come up with a pricing deal over the next month to attract fans with so many home games coming up.
Lord Elpus wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:16 am perhaps the pizza brigade have lost interest...
Perhaps a pricing deal on pizza is needed...?
Big Rich

Lord Elpus wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:16 am It is a lot lower than recently. Undoubtedly half term will have had some effect but perhaps the pizza brigade have lost interest a bit now the long unbeaten run is at an end?
Pizza brigade! 😂😂😂
KewBeaver

the momentum seems to have grounded to a halt.
It is time for the owners to come up with a plan to excite fans for the final third of the season.
TW10

A bad run of results and not gifting free tickets out you were always going to end up with the hard core fans and a handful of newbies. I personally think all the hyperbole about football league, the premiership and the champions league just makes the club look stupid. If the brothers just went about their business then they are more likely to have some success. By courting all the publicity in the way they do it will fire up teams to knock us off our pedestal. I don’t know what crowds are needed to build the club in a “sustainable” way but we are not Brentford or Luton. I really fear for the day when the hard reality hits the brothers square in the face and they realise they are talking nonsense. As i have said previously i hope to be proved wrong.