New Signings

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW3 Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:01 pm No news as yet, still time!
Keeping the opposition guessing.
Shepperton Supporter

Keeping the opposition guessing.
[/quote]

It is keeping us supporters!
Tony

Given the way players talk to each other the opposition will already know who is coming in. Supporters will be the last to know.
Jamie

If one of the new signings is who I think it is, it is an absolutely top draw signing, and the lad is fantastic!
Lord Elpus

Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 am If one of the new signings is who I think it is, it is an absolutely top draw signing, and the lad is fantastic!
Jamie you old tease, any clues??
Jamie

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:55 am
Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 am If one of the new signings is who I think it is, it is an absolutely top draw signing, and the lad is fantastic!
Jamie you old tease, any clues??
I didn't hear it through someone connected to Hampton, so probably best not to, not trying to be a "I know something you don't know" person.

Don't want to ruin Gary's chance of an element of surprise, however much people talk.... also no doubt need to let the signature dry on the paper so know one gets alerted and make a last minute offer.
Tony

Better minds than I have already worked this one out. If correct then the question is whether he can regain his form from previous seasons.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:21 pm Better minds than I have already worked this one out. If correct then the question is whether he can regain his form from previous seasons.
Perhaps his current club expected him to continue his form and for a variety of reasons things have not worked out for him or the club. Hampton hopefully will give him the platform he needs to regain it.
Might get details today?
Tony

James Roberts on loan from Havant & W now announced. Not sure why he has gone off the boil this season at Havant having scored only twice. Let ‘s hope we can see the best of him at the Bev.
Shepperton Supporter

Sounds a possible good signing. As Gary said he had a good season at Oxford , signed by Havant who had three other top strikers and like the others, he failed to score enough, hence their disappointing season to date. Havant signed Duku this week, so it was on the cards that Doswell would let someone go. Welcome James, if I have any reservations it would be the length of the loan contract, but then I can also see why it is . If he is successful then could we hold onto him?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_R ... born_1996)
Last edited by Shepperton Supporter on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

I had the pleasure of watching James at my now local club Alvechurch a couple of seasons ago after they had back to back promotions, and he came in on loan to nearly get another through the "super play offs"
He was an absolute class act, if he plays like he did then, Hampton are in for a real treat.
The other 2 of the front 3 at the end of that season, one ended up in the National League with Altrincham, and the other via 6 months of an amazing amount of goals went via Leamington to Forest Green in league 2.

This is a brilliant signing!
I mentioned the name to Gary in the summer of 2019, but he got a big move to Spennymoor.

This could really push the club back up the table!

Well done to everyone getting the deal done!!
Tony

We have also signed Iffy Allen a left winger from Lewes. Plenty of NL and NLS experience but never stays very long at one club which tells you something I guess.