Loan deals

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

Loan deals.

Just wondering is there a maximum you can have in a season at step 2?

I think there used to be a rule in "the league" of 8 short term loans per season.

Is there any quota at step 2?
Shepperton Supporter

Not I know all the rules. We had five now six loans. Fisher is a season long which might make a difference? Hamblin is one of three left back so might be easier to return
HamptonMad

6 loans max it says in National league rules.
TW3 Beaver

HamptonMad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pm 6 loans max it says in National league rules.
Is that at any one time.
Jamie

TW3 Beaver wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:07 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:50 pm 6 loans max it says in National league rules.
Is that at any one time.
With another loan, that now makes 7?
Adam

Looks like you can have a few but only 5 names in a match day squad at once. Also only 2 from one club at a time.

From the league rules.
6.4.8 A Club may name up to a maximum of five (5) players on a Team Sheet who are either Short Term
Loan, Long Term, Youth Loan or Work Experience.

6.6.2 Short Term Loan Transfers – A Club can have up to a maximum of twelve (12) Short Term Loans during a Playing Season.
6.6.3 Long Term Loan Transfers – Clubs may have up to a maximum of six (6) Long Term Loan Transfers of any age during a Playing Season.
Jamie

Adam wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:40 pm Looks like you can have a few but only 5 names in a match day squad at once. Also only 2 from one club at a time.

From the league rules.
6.4.8 A Club may name up to a maximum of five (5) players on a Team Sheet who are either Short Term
Loan, Long Term, Youth Loan or Work Experience.

6.6.2 Short Term Loan Transfers – A Club can have up to a maximum of twelve (12) Short Term Loans during a Playing Season.
6.6.3 Long Term Loan Transfers – Clubs may have up to a maximum of six (6) Long Term Loan Transfers of any age during a Playing Season.
thanks for the research Adam. That's a lot more than I expected for during the season. 5 per match day makes sense, but I'd say even that's a bit high, as could be abused with false quality of the level.

Always used to be a useful way to do well on the Football Manager game, go and loan a load of youngsters from the high level London clubs haha!
GRTourist

I maintain a spreadsheet of NL and NLS squads, and at the moment from what I can find, lots of clubs are full of loanees - in both leagues. I think it is endemic at this stage of the season.

Bath - 7 in, 2 out
Billericay - 5 in, 5 out
Chelmsford - 4 in, 2 out
Dartford - 5 in, 2 out
Eastbourne - 6 in, 1 out
Hampton - 6 in, 2 out
Havant - 4 in, 1 out
Hemel - 3 in, 1 out
Tonbridge - 3 in, 1 out

Even in the NL, Aldershot have 4 in and 10 out, Altrincham 4 in 9 out, Bromley 3 in 5 out, Dover 5 in, King's Lynn 6 in 3 out, Notts Co 3 in 3 out, Solihull 5 in 5 out, Southend 3 in 15 out, Torquay 3 in 6 out, Weymouth & Yeovil both 5 in. I suspect there's something in here about clubs offering out contracts like nobody's business on players they don't really want/need, then struggling to shift them because clubs don't want to pay fees at this level.
Jamie

GRTourist wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:33 pm I maintain a spreadsheet of NL and NLS squads, and at the moment from what I can find, lots of clubs are full of loanees - in both leagues. I think it is endemic at this stage of the season.

Bath - 7 in, 2 out
Billericay - 5 in, 5 out
Chelmsford - 4 in, 2 out
Dartford - 5 in, 2 out
Eastbourne - 6 in, 1 out
Hampton - 6 in, 2 out
Havant - 4 in, 1 out
Hemel - 3 in, 1 out
Tonbridge - 3 in, 1 out

Even in the NL, Aldershot have 4 in and 10 out, Altrincham 4 in 9 out, Bromley 3 in 5 out, Dover 5 in, King's Lynn 6 in 3 out, Notts Co 3 in 3 out, Solihull 5 in 5 out, Southend 3 in 15 out, Torquay 3 in 6 out, Weymouth & Yeovil both 5 in. I suspect there's something in here about clubs offering out contracts like nobody's business on players they don't really want/need, then struggling to shift them because clubs don't want to pay fees at this level.

you should volunteer to be a researcher for Football Manager - this is a fantastic record you are keeping!
Such a shame there isn't some central FA system to record all stats of players etc, would be such a fantastic database to reference for club records.