Staines Town

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

TW10 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:27 am Kingstonian heve no players of Conference South ability..Tolfry is way passed his best. They had a great young left back who has signed for Middlesbrough. Aside from that Nyren Clunis and Rhys Murrill-Williamson were their stand out performers
That would be my thought, we had this situation when Gary brought over a load of Hendon players when he first came. Murill -Williamson was with us and released.
TW3 Beaver

TW10

I have had dealings with Downing LLP over the years and they are a decent commercial entity.

“Despite numerous amounts of communication from us to all of these bodies in relation to this extremely serious matter, not one of them has had the morality or decency to offer STFC the courtesy of a proper reply. “

i am not surprised..it’s lunacy
Tony

I wonder why the are ignoring him?
Shepperton Supporter

Reading other comments it appears that a portion of the pitch does not belong to them, as it is owned by a local resident. This means what is owned by the club is not big enough to play a 11 a side game. If so, this situation might go back to the Boon era.
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:55 pm Reading other comments it appears that a portion of the pitch does not belong to them, as it is owned by a local resident. This means what is owned by the club is not big enough to play a 11 a side game. If so, this situation might go back to the Boon era.
Dixon just trying to cause issues however possible.
Tony

Just trying to transfer the blame for the demise of the club.
Jamie

Wow, the video of his press conference, like out of a comedy sketch show.
How did Matthew Boon ever think that it was a good idea to sell to this guy.
Cliffp

Matthew Boon didn’t have the same interest in the club that his late father had and was keen to unburden himself of the financial liability.

I’m not sure the club would have been “sold” as there were no assets as far as I know. They were not to land or ground owner as that was sold to Downings many years previously.

I think Dixon saw an opportunity to acquire the freehold of the ground in some convoluted way and possibly had plans for some sort of housing development.

His legal dispute with the landlord clearly soured relations and having been unable to get his own way seems intent on making sure that the supporters or anyone coming forward to try a rescue the club are prevented from doing so by transferring the ownership of the club to a mysterious businessman who may or may not exist and then given the likelihood that the landlord will terminate the lease agreement (unless rental payments are maintained) trying to suggest that an area of the land belongs to someone else meaning a full size pitch can’t be facilitated anyway.

What an absolute prick!
Lord Elpus

It's vindictive and spiteful. Wonder if there will be a Phoenix club to take their place because thats surely where they are at now?