Annoyed

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
DanielNotley

I’m annoyed on how the season has panned out, there are so many answers from the board and management that needs answering.

This is our 100th year and we should be going for promotion not relegation, why have we let our squad from the beginning of the season go whom was playing attractive football and turning over any team to a team now which mainly consist of loan or fringe players, where the consistency and team dynamics, this is not acceptable!

Why were players fighting each other and losing one of the best defenders in my opinion in the league, probably out of frustration due to what’s been happening at the club.

I’m sorry but also why build for next season, what about this season?

We as supporters spend our hard earn time and money for the love of the club however questions needs to be addressed and have lost confidence, perhaps time for a change?
tones

I agree questions need to be asked and answerwd about how the season has so badly slipped away.
Tony

I’m sure there will be differing views but the answer to the question lies somewhere in the mix of pre season recruitment, loss of form of key players and injuries. Why players lose form will be for a variety of reasons: carrying niggling injuries, outside distractions, playing out of favoured positions, COVID etc. As supporters we can’t really see what goes on in the changing room or on the training ground, only the results and performances when we get to competitive matches. Personally I think we were very dependent on the creativity of Ryan Gondoh and Jerome Slew for goals and when they went off the boil the team struggled for goals. The Plymouth Parkway defeat was a big reality check and confidence drained out of the side. The manager seems to have lost confidence in a number of players and we became dependent on the loan market which is always a mixed bag. We don’t have big money to throw at the player issue and trying to get results from a rapidly changing side whilst games come thick and fast is obviously not easy.
Lord Elpus

Questions probably do need to be asked about just how/why this season has faded away but hopefully everyone in the dugout has learned a lot from the last few months. I do feel more than a bit disappointed that we appeared to throw the towel in somewhat recently, and so early, and it can be a bit depressing watching loanees coming and going, but with only one club going down, if there was ever a season to save a bit of cash this was probably it. I don't know if that's what's happened but this season certainly hasn't lived up to its promise. I just hope some of our better, more consistent players (Julian, Donaldson, Inman) want to stay for next season. Is Gary the right man for the job? Probably, but a lot of other clubs would have lost patience before now.
shaunden

Not annoyed, just frustrated. When you look at the players we have lost especially Sam Cox ,Wassamer,Slew Gondah plus a lot of injuries been difficult putting same team each week.There seems a lot of decent new additions let's hope they gell quickly as the general standard in the league is a lot better this season not any really bad teams.On their day any team seems to be able to beat each other.Personally think Gary doing OK job,but as all teams abit more confidence and couple of wins will hopefully get us going.
Jamie

Gary seems a genuine guy, he engages and speaks to fans, and seems to work hard.
His contact network of players etc may not be as big as the likes of Dev or Dowse, and having to work through the nightmare of Covid is unimaginable of how tough things must have been, especially when not having the biggest of budgets compared to some big hitters.
I'm not a fan of so many loan signings, but it seems this has been done to plug gaps whilst overhauling the squad, and effectively looking to build a new team which will no doubt continue over the summer.
It will be a huge summer, and some positive results needed before then to keep current players and attract new ones.
It doesn't really make sense to stretch any budgets now, when pretty much safe from relegation with only one going down, and the playoffs not having been achievable for some time.
DanielNotley

Jamie wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:59 pm Gary seems a genuine guy, he engages and speaks to fans, and seems to work hard.
His contact network of players etc may not be as big as the likes of Dev or Dowse, and having to work through the nightmare of Covid is unimaginable of how tough things must have been, especially when not having the biggest of budgets compared to some big hitters.
I'm not a fan of so many loan signings, but it seems this has been done to plug gaps whilst overhauling the squad, and effectively looking to build a new team which will no doubt continue over the summer.
It will be a huge summer, and some positive results needed before then to keep current players and attract new ones.
It doesn't really make sense to stretch any budgets now, when pretty much safe from relegation with only one going down, and the playoffs not having been achievable for some time.
Yes Gary seems a nice guy however I can’t understand why the squad at the start of the season disbanded and we are rebuilding for next summer, that gets on my gears!