Dowson sacked by Woking.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:36 pm Interesting article in the local press...

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-23257093
Sounds like a pretty shabby way to treat a good man.
RogerB

This same "good man" who treated a friendly club pretty shabbily in May 2018.
Adam

RogerB wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:26 am This same "good man" who treated a friendly club pretty shabbily in May 2018.
Is this because he went for a job interview with Woking? This makes me laugh with football especially at this level where we are not talking about millionaires. A lot of people wouldn't think twice if offered an interview for a job with a bigger company and potentially better prospects came up just down the road?
RogerB

No, not just because he went for a job interview at Woking. It was the insensitive timing of it, just a few hours after the play-off final. And yet he's complaining about a lack of sensitivity by the Woking board in how they sacked him, something they've a perfect right to do and which has been on the cards (sorry!) for a while now.
Jamie

RogerB wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:05 pm No, not just because he went for a job interview at Woking. It was the insensitive timing of it, just a few hours after the play-off final. And yet he's complaining about a lack of sensitivity by the Woking board in how they sacked him, something they've a perfect right to do and which has been on the cards (sorry!) for a while now.
It's more that there were stories he met with Woking BEFORE the playoff final.

I would have no issues if he spoke to them after the play off game, bigger job, bigger budget, far bigger club, and a club he had always wanted to manage.

The newspaper report seems he's not happy with Dyer staying on, but from what I know Dyer has a very high level of coaching qualifications, and to be fair to him if he's got an opportunity to stake a claim for the job himself, it's hard to turn that down, but you can understand Dowse not being happy with one of his team not seemingly staying loyal.

No friends in football though. Dowse puts his all in to clubs, fundraising to boost the budget etc.

I believe he was full time when at Hampton, and obviously was at Woking, so I assume he will be looking for a new challenge sooner rather than later.
HamptonMad

Jamie wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:35 am
RogerB wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:05 pm No, not just because he went for a job interview at Woking. It was the insensitive timing of it, just a few hours after the play-off final. And yet he's complaining about a lack of sensitivity by the Woking board in how they sacked him, something they've a perfect right to do and which has been on the cards (sorry!) for a while now.

I would have no issues if he spoke to them after the play off game, bigger job, bigger budget, far bigger club, and a club he had always wanted to manage.

The newspaper report seems he's not happy with Dyer staying on, but from what I know Dyer has a very high level of coaching qualifications, and to be fair to him if he's got an opportunity to stake a claim for the job himself, it's hard to turn that down, but you can understand Dowse not being happy with one of his team not seemingly staying loyal.

No friends in football though. Dowse puts his all in to clubs, fundraising to boost the budget etc.

I believe he was full time when at Hampton, and obviously was at Woking, so I assume he will be looking for a new challenge sooner rather than later.
He was seen hanging around Hanworth Villa on Saturday.
Jamie

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:09 am
Jamie wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:35 am

He was seen hanging around Hanworth Villa on Saturday.

So were people from Hampton, as they had no game, and have friends there.

Probably just wanted to catch up with some old friends and watch some footie with no hassle.
HamptonMad

Darren Sarll has left Yeovil and is the new Woking manager.Looks like he can Point and Shout so should be ok. Ex Stevenage manager before Yeovil.