Will Hampton qualify for the playoffs?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes: 12
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Incredibly we find ourselves in 12th position, 4 points off 7th place. What's even more interesting is that we still have to play 3 of the 5 teams between us and 7th place...

St Albans (7th) home
Hungerford (8th) home
Havant (10th) away

Some big fixtures there. Can we pull off a shock and qualify for the playoffs? :o
Attachments
Screenshot_20220410-083325_FotMob.jpg
DanielNotley

I’m disappointed on how the season gone but funny things have happened, so yes I think it’s possible to get in the playoffs but a complete rebuild is required and have a squad of consistency rather than loan and fringe players
TW3 Beaver

I think that the fact we are close to the Play Offs, after everything that has happened this season shows what a poor division the NLS is this season.
Tony

It does feel like a number of sides are trying to avoid the playoffs. No disrespect to our team but we really don’t look like a side pushing for promotion. However, it would be fun to see what might happen. We would have no weight of expectations. Our recent improvement has very much co-incided with the arrival of Lucas Ness and being much tighter in defence. Attack-wise we remain lightweight. Our top goal scorer is still Jerome Slew with 6.
TW10

half the team are good enough to play in a promotion winning side..but collectively no where near unfortunately
Whoryer

Wonder where we would've been now if Ness had joined alot sooner instead of Donaldson being played out of position.We would've conceded alot less goals from crosses and Donaldson was missed on the left.I can see Ness playing for a higher level club than Charlton.
Shepperton Supporter

Would agree with most of the comments here. Personally I have been disappointed with the way things have turned out this season particularly as it was our centenary season. Based on the previous two seasons performances and the squad available at the start a playoff place would appear attainable. We all know that for various reasons the wholesale changes mid season did not help but recent results do give some hope for optimism.
The core of the squad is ok, one would hope to see key players committing themselves before the season end.
One would hope that we don’t dabble as frequently in the loan market next season as we seemed to be used to maintain players match fitness for their parent clubs to recall.
Signings? A central defender and a couple of strikers please as starters!
HamptonMad

Stark raving mad the lot of you. We can't afford to get promotion and play in The National league next season. We can hardly afford this league. Your be wanting Dowson back as manager next. Crazy.
Lord Elpus

HamptonMad wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:15 pm Stark raving mad the lot of you. We can't afford to get promotion and play in The National league next season. We can hardly afford this league. Your be wanting Dowson back as manager next. Crazy.
All valid points HM but it would be a fun end to the season at least trying wouldn't it? This winding down with meaningless games is no fun at all.
HamptonMad

Yes i see your point My Lord. A bit of fun beating a few teams will be great. But Full time players and going to play Grimsby on a Tuesday night is not in our budget at the moment.
Tony

The question was whether we would make the play offs, not would we win them and get promoted. Whilst I don’t think we will get into the play off places, the club will have a plan for what needs to happen if we ever got promoted. We clearly were thinking we had a chance this season but results took a nosedive over the winter months.