Retained list.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

We are short of creativity in midfield. Kuhl at Slough would be a good fit. He has not signed on there at present.
Shepperton Supporter

TMR has signed for next season. Not a great surprise!
TW10

TMR resigning is great news..can play fullback, defensive midfield and more recently he's been the one breaking from the middle and getting forward..tough and quick, he was one of the stand out performers last season
Tony

TMR was carrying a number of injuries last season which meant missing a number of games. We need him fully fit but still feel we need another experienced defensive CM ( and don’t see Uche or Dunne as that player).
Adam

So I make the current squad list as:

Julian

Inman
Hines
Donaldson
Block
Fernandez
Black(loan)

Iontton
Gray
TMR
Ilic

Barzey
Wood
Kurran-Browne
Shepperton Supporter

Whilst the squad is not yet complete, my current observation is that the squad we started 21/22 was stronger and more experienced that what has currently been assembled. With four relegated this must be born in mind
Picking up Tony’s point about squad size we need another 6 experienced players in every areas of the pitch ,
Shepperton Supporter

If we are think About further additions then it would be interesting to see what others think. I would look for for a couple of midfielders, a striker, cover at left back and goal plus a experienced central defender?
Tony

Interesting update from the club following the elevation of Dale Blair to the coaching team. Negotiations still ongoing for players and would expect the usual pre season trialists to add a couple of signings as players scramble to find a home. Specific mention of Farrell, Uche, Dunne and McKnight who all seem in the unlikely to return category. Luke Ruddick also announced he is not coming back. Money is clearly an issue to sign the players we want ( was it not ever the case?) so we may end up with a much less experienced squad.
Whoryer

During the update Gary said we have got 15 players,I thought it was 14
Shepperton Supporter

As mentioned an interesting update. It looks like we have another midfield player signing but no name perhaps this is the number 15? Looks like money is as usual factor in restricting additions, let’s hope we can get in a couple of our targets. With Farrell unlikely to return I wonder if Hamblin might be the left back cover?
No doubt pre season training might well give further indications as to the squad make up.
Jamie

Luke Ruddick going to Hanworth Villa.
They've made some impressive signings, I think they could have a real go after promotion, and wouldn't be surprised if they snuck back to back promotions. Seems to be a club really on the up.
Some great people involved there too.
Shepperton Supporter

Luke Ruddick Did not play at all last season and, from memory, missed a lot of the previous season. Stepping down the playing levels might suit him.