Retained list.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:02 am Julian and Inman have signed up for next season. Good news let’s hope for more soon.
"signed up" implies contracted then.
TW10

Great news Julian and Inman have signed..good enough for any team in the league
Shepperton Supporter

Details of the squad update. Some interesting comments from Gary, worth a read . Some interesting departures and several offer for incoming players.

https://www.hamptonfc.net/news/squad-up ... 03511.html
Tony

No great surprises there, with the expected core of must haves, probables, youngsters and releases. It remains to be seen how many accept the offers but the way the statement is phrased suggests the core players have agreed terms.
Shepperton Supporter

Tony wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:54 am No great surprises there, with the expected core of must haves, probables, youngsters and releases. It remains to be seen how many accept the offers but the way the statement is phrased suggests the core players have agreed terms.
Not sure I would draw such a hopeful interpretation with regards the core players but perhaps Tony might know more?
Shepperton Supporter

The problem is other clubs in our league both current and prospective may be able, willing or gambling with their offers at present and we might find it more difficult to both retain and attract the players we want.
Both Julian and Inman are local and are happy here. Hopefully others will feel the same.
Tony

I have no inside information, just seemed odd that you would phrase the statement in such away to make a distinction between those to whom offers had been made and those who were still in discussion. Only Inman and Julian are confirmed so others could reject the offers.
Lord Elpus

Another player who I don't think I've seen on any list, retained or otherwise is Jack McKnight. Anyone?
Shepperton Supporter

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:54 pm Another player who I don't think I've seen on any list, retained or otherwise is Jack McKnight. Anyone?
He did not feature in the final games, so do we assume he had already left? We had a lot of midfielders at the end of the season.
Shepperton Supporter

Slew has not been offered a contract by AFC Fylde and he is a free agent.
Shepperton Supporter

Thinking about the squad size, we have seven signed on, so I would expect another ten (minimum) players to join, would think that, depending on how many current players return, we could reasonably expect at least three to five new players especially strikers!
Time will tell, sure Gary is working hard.
Tony

We ‘ll need a squad of 20 with 6 extra games. Still early days and there will be the usual try outs in pre season to review. If some of the offered terms are turned down then we may have to scramble a bit to replace like for like. Hopefully the contract offers will be resolved in the next couple of weeks.