Retained list.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Adam

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:36 am From Gary’s remarks he seemed to indicate that he was happy with the three central defenders, so one assumes no further recruiting there.
Looks like perhaps one or two more incoming which one assumes will be forwards , all depending on the budget which does not have much left, but he hopes sufficient to fill the final couple of spots, he might use the loan market as well.
Seemed happy with progress so far. Player’s fitness levels were very good. Couple of trialist players who were present look ok.
I guess as well as Inman, Black & Fernandez. Block and Donaldson can cover there. Bit short of cover at LB/LWB. Apart from that i'd say that end of the pitch is looking covered.
Stanwell Beaver

Ref. to 'Whoryer's early post.... I suspect that'd be Tariq Hinds? A full-back who was with Billericay Town last season
Shepperton Supporter

Stanwell Beaver wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:01 pm Ref. to 'Whoryer's early post.... I suspect that'd be Tariq Hinds? A full-back who was with Billericay Town last season
He was at Spurs for several seasons and did not play in the first team. Listed primarily as a right back where we would appear to be well covered. He is listed as a player who can also play left back and defensive midfield. This versatility might be useful but I feel that Gary may well be focused more on strikers to use up his remaining budget.
GRTourist

There are always a number of players at pre-season (not just at Hampton, but at most clubs) who are there for fitness reasons only, because they know the manager or some of the players. Always difficult to read into signing intent based on who is in pre-season camps.
Tony

More significant if they appear in a friendly.
Tony

I see we have signed Temi Babalola from Concord, a player we tried to sign last season. Another big bustling CF who can be a real handful. Not hugely prolific though. No sign of Alessani nor the other trialist in today’s line up. No Donaldson either.
Shepperton Supporter

Understand Donaldson was at a wedding.
Shepperton Supporter

According to Gary he wants one more forward and a defender to complete the squad.
Shepperton Supporter

Ref defender. Would not surprise me if Springer is signed as left back cover.
Whoryer

Thought Springer had already signed.
Shepperton Supporter

Whoryer wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 am Thought Springer had already signed.
He is not listed on the club website as signed. Agree I too thought he had already joined.
Tony

Thought I heard Gary say he was going to be signed so maybe just paperwork delay.