Tommy Wood

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
NickT

Just announced that Tommy Wood has signed for us, from Tonbridge.
An out and out striker that we have been searching for!
Lord Elpus

My young advisor is really pleased about this signing. Hopefully we can get him the service he presumably wasn't getting at Tonbridge, although he did score a few goals for a struggling side.
Adam

Lord Elpus wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:27 pm My young advisor is really pleased about this signing. Hopefully we can get him the service he presumably wasn't getting at Tonbridge, although he did score a few goals for a struggling side.
Well he scored more than our top scorer managed! So that's a bonus to start with.
Tony

Tonbridge fans seemed to like him which is always a good sign in my book. Must say I hadn’t heard of him before now but looks like the target man CF that we seem to favour.
Shepperton Supporter

Some details.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Wood_(footballer)

Have watched him a few times on u tube recently, he is a big target man and might be something we have lacked for some while.

https://www.tonbridgeangels.co.uk/first ... gmead/3216
Shepperton Supporter

Wood is a big target man and if we can get a striker to play off of him it should improve the goals scored tally.
Reading the announcement on the twitter account, it might be that further signings might be in the pipeline. Don’t forget Gary said he had offered terms to five new players.
It would not surprise me if both Dartford and Havant will be looking to offload strikers as they have invested heavily in these players and might want to release some to balance the books and change attacking emphasis.
Whoryer

2 young ex Stevenage players signed as well now a centre back and midfielder
Tony

Both relatively inexperienced players. Will have to see them in pre season to judge their capabilities.
Lord Elpus

Yes, seem like very much unknown quantities, although both seem to have played a bit of league football. Stevenage were meant to have been a fairly poor side last season so perhaps these players have experience of digging in and battling.
Tony

Iontton was not at Stevenage last season and seems was released last summer after sustaining an injury. He only played 3 games for Kings Lynn last year so wonder if he was still carrying a long term injury? As we have seen with McKnight this could be a big risk. Fernandes seems to have some positive comments but again relatively little game time. He was on a season long loan so did not play at his parent club.
Shepperton Supporter

I suspect that Gary would not have had a chance to see them play. We do have a good medical team and no doubt they will assess the situation and plan the appropriate treatment regime.
Let’s wait to see how pre season goes, looks like there are a series of pre season games that will be an indication of fitness etc.

Looking forward to further recruiting news.