Chippenham Town home on Tuesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

Confirmed that this game is going ahead, we desperately need a win against a side yet to win on their travels this season. They currently sit in 10th and still will no doubt be a tough one.
HamptonMad

Listening on Beaver radio as i am in Scotland. The 2 commentators are fantastic. Can we listen to them every game. Much better than that other bloke. That can't make evening games. 1.0 up Block Pen.
HamptonMad

Won 1.0 . Thanks lads for a great commentary. Well done to the players and Manager. A much needed win.
Big Rich

Great win. Needed that. Well done Hampton,
Tony

Despite nearly 80% possession Chippenham rarely threatened, their best effort being a header that clipped the bar in the second half. Best chances fell to us with Wood missing two one on one’s in the first half, and Chippenham keeper Henry making a fine close range save after a goalmouth scramble. Left back Vincent, another on loan, had a good game but we are looking desperately short of fit players with Inman also sitting in the stands. Barzey despite being on the bench is clearly not fit enough to be risked. And Fernandes is a complete mystery. Will he ever play? We may have real problems if Davis and Vincent aren’t allowed to play in the FA Cup.

At least today no silly defensive errors for a change. Defence was solid and Block showed the forwards how to take a penalty. Babalola looked a bit lost tonight and Shokunbi and Kurran-Browne need to get more involved. They have the ability but only show it in fit and starts. Still the points should do a lot for confidence.
ExRef

Have we found a reliable penalty taker in Tommy Block then ?
Shepperton Supporter

Thought our visitors played very neat football but lacked much in the way of a cutting edge.We have a long injury list especially defenders. Inman was missing tonight. Julian must have picked up a more serious injury as he was again absent, fortunately Smith is a capable deputy. No idea what has happened to Fernandes.
Don’t think the paring of Wood and Babalola worked, they are similar in style although Wood looks the more likely to score. Don’t think Gary has settled on the right format and it might need further changes?
At least we scored a penalty and managed to keep a clean sheet although knowing our visitors habit for late goals , it gave us nervous final few minutes!
Tony

ExRef wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:01 pm Have we found a reliable penalty taker in Tommy Block then ?
100% record!
Josh2002

Great win last night, not the prettiest of games, not helped by the torrential conditions, but we got the job done. Here's hoping we can kick on. Meanwhile, their fans on their forum seem upset with the referee. https://chippenham.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3234
Shepperton Supporter

Think I would need to look at the video to either confirm or change my mind on their penalty appeals . The one involving
Smith, he looked to slip as the ball went past him and their forward ran into him, as I said need to get a further look.
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:48 pm Think I would need to look at the video to either confirm or change my mind on their penalty appeals . The one involving
Smith, he looked to slip as the ball went past him and their forward ran into him, as I said need to get a further look.
Looked to me (admittedly at the other end of the pitch) as though Smith had gone to ground and their player changed course to run into him. Seen them given, but not a penalty for me.