Farnborough (FA Trophy)

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
BevereeMaster

Same excuses pending from Gary in his gaffa tapes I assume, boring football that’s making going to games seem like a chore. What’s he doing to them in training for all these injuries. Every year we have half the team injured.
Big Rich

Ouch says the club car. Ouch.
Shepperton Supporter

Missed the game today and sounds like a good choice. Reading the posts it seems our struggles continue, we just have too many injuries, rely on loans and filling the bench with Academy players, in contrast to the experience that our visitors bench selection.
Gary says that we will currently struggle to field a team , he said he has only got 10 players available. Looks like he will be looking for replacements let’s hope he is successful as he said he has been trying for weeks with not great success. Amartey was picked up after Farnborough did not agree to keep him.. Gary sounded more down than usual.
Hopefully we will get players in
TW10

Just listened to gary and yes both teams were poor and was a horrible game of football. I would just add that hoofing it high tp wood to compete in the air against big Cb never works neither do aimless balls onto the box. We have to try snd build play through Gray and Illic, who are two of the best players in the league. Very disappointing to lose suck a big game, We really never looked like we would ever score.
tones

Things seem to be going from bad to worse. Something needs to be done. Anything!
DanielNotley

tones wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:09 pm Things seem to be going from bad to worse. Something needs to be done. Anything!
Sorry but until Gary leaves Hampton will continue to be bad, as i said time and again he’s the one to choose the team, to buy the right players etc, time and again we have been on the fence and given the benefit of doubt but how many chances do we give?

Also stop using budget as an excuse, we always had a limited budget with other managers but that still didn’t stop us from progressing, it’s the performances which are c**p, it seems one week we try and the next 4 we don’t….sort it out…pathetic!
BevereeMaster

^^
HamptonMad

Now then lets all calm down. And lets keep Gary and lets get the 19 points needed to make 40 points and be safe. We are playing one league above what we can afford. Changing the Manager is not the answer. Let Gary keep us up. Then at the end of the season have a change if thats what all partys want. We need to stay in this league as it will cost a lot to get back up.
RogerB

HamptonMad wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am Now then lets all calm down. And lets keep Gary and lets get the 19 points needed to make 40 points and be safe. We are playing one league above what we can afford. Changing the Manager is not the answer. Let Gary keep us up. Then at the end of the season have a change if thats what all partys want. We need to stay in this league as it will cost a lot to get back up.
I don't normally regard HM as a beacon of calm rationality but I think he's spot on here.
DanielNotley

People have their opinions but now enough is enough, look what happened to last season and look now!

Sorry but the club is also a business and if the club has dwindling supporters and less income the club will fail to survive, why should we be speaking about relegation when we always was challenging for the play offs?

You see if the supporters see c**p football with no passion, determination, flare and excitement they will take their business elsewhere…..this is the truth, should be excited going to the “Beveree” have optimism but see the same rubbish week in week out a lot of people will prefer to spend time and hard earned money in this difficult economy elsewhere…

No excitement, no passion = less income, less supporters and a race to the bottom
Big Rich

RogerB wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:33 pm
HamptonMad wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:39 am Now then lets all calm down. And lets keep Gary and lets get the 19 points needed to make 40 points and be safe. We are playing one league above what we can afford. Changing the Manager is not the answer. Let Gary keep us up. Then at the end of the season have a change if thats what all partys want. We need to stay in this league as it will cost a lot to get back up.
I don't normally regard HM as a beacon of calm rationality but I think he's spot on here.
I agree!
HamptonMad

Farnborough Town home to Braintree Town in the next round.