Cheshunt home on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Gary has already stated this is a must win game. Hopefully we will have a few players back and so be able to field a more competitive
HamptonMad

Dont panic have faith. Only another 18 points needed to avoid relegation. Not a must win but it would be nice.
Josh2002

It literally is a must win.
HamptonMad

Josh2002 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:08 pm It literally is a must win.
Stay calm dont panic Captain Mannering.
Josh2002

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:10 pm
I think you mean Mainwaring.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:10 pm
Corporal Jones said don't panic not Captain Mainwairing!

MK
BevereeMaster

Yup. No excuses either, Gary said in his post match interview that Cheshunt are where they are due to injuries so he can’t use that one again. Hopefully Wadah is fit as his energy going up and down that pitch will be crucial but to be honest I don’t have much faith that we will win. Boring 0-0 or 0-1 loss.
DanielNotley

If we lose or draw on Saturday Gary must go, I have lost trust in him, bored and tired of the same old excuses and why should we be speaking about relegation… I feel Gary is out of his depth hopefully am proved wrong

Very Angry and Disappointed on how the last two seasons gone
Lord Elpus

DanielNotley wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:15 pm If we lose or draw on Saturday Gary must go, I have lost trust in him, bored and tired of the same old excuses and why should we be speaking about relegation… I feel Gary is out of his depth hopefully am proved wrong

Gary's on a contract isn't he? So this won't happen.
Shepperton Supporter

I can understand the points raised, but it may well not be the same reaction from the current board or the possible new owners.
They would consider Gary’s contact position, the possible lack of alternatives and the disruption within the club. Getting players fully fit, Gary might see out the season in relative safety. In which case, he might be given the ok to plan for the next season with better resources.
I suspect even ignoring the next results, the status quo will remain, however action you advocate might only be necessary in a couple of months, if the form fails to improve. The word relegation is not in those in charge minds.
BevereeMaster

Lord Elpus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:11 pm
DanielNotley wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:15 pm If we lose or draw on Saturday Gary must go, I have lost trust in him, bored and tired of the same old excuses and why should we be speaking about relegation… I feel Gary is out of his depth hopefully am proved wrong

Gary's on a contract isn't he? So this won't happen.
Yup, like most of our players. Seems like since Dowse left the club are addicted to handing out contracts
Shepperton Supporter

Ref Contacts
Whether we like it or not, at our level, any decent manager would expect a contract for a couple of seasons when joining and if ok, to get an enhanced one over a longer period.
Players on joining, would demand a contract of one season, if the club wanted or needed him badly then two seasons plus possibly a signing on fee. (We know this happens with clubs in our league). To get them out the door is difficult, requiring a mutually agreed termination and probably another club willing to offer the player a contract.
It is the same up the football pyramid except the money escalates as does the length of contact.