Catering

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

I am fully aware of all the problems that the club is currently encountering and am sure that things will bed down. We know that queues for food can be very frustrating, but today the unit by the half way line was only serving biryani which might not be supporters favourite.
It might be helpful if the more traditional fare of burgers, chips, bacon rolls and hotdogs were served there as well and perhaps better signage as to where the food outlets are and what is available. Nice to see the tuck shop open and serving hot drinks.
Perhaps there has been a drive to speed up service but hopefully in future not at the sacrifice of quality.
Cliffp

Almost certainly an issue that didn’t need to be addressed immediately.

Surely the main priority of the new owners would and should be maintaining the current National league status? All of the other off-field issues could be looked at during the close season and any changes or “enhancements” made then. All they appear to have done is alienate a core of long serving volunteers and lost a lot of goodwill in the process.

Meanwhile whatever plans they had to shore things up in terms of league position and instigating a managerial change are not showing any immediate signs of success. Momentum is everything and sadly lacking. I’ve said it before and will say it again it seems very similar to the Staines town story from what I can see?
Shepperton Supporter

I thought I made it very clear that things will take time. Agree league survival is paramount. If we are going to attract further support then improving the match day experience is one way of doing it. Catering is a good way of increasing revenue.
BevereeMaster

They have said that they want the budget to increase naturally via drip down investment, advertising and extra matchday income, so this we’ll help. The owners made it clear they not going to do a Tamplin and boost our budget unsustainably, they all about sustainability on the business side of things
Tony

Given that many of the regular staff have walked away it made sense to franchise out the catering yesterday but generally it makes more economic sense to keep it in house. Franchising can mean removing the hassle of having to employ staff and source food etc but franchisees start to lose interest if the sales don’t make it worth their time and the franchisor starts to get anxious about giving away their own profit and cash flow if the franchisee is too successful. I would expect the club to keep things in house once they have sorted the staffing issues.
Jamie

I decided not to purchase food from either vendor.
Ruchi brought in, it would be interesting to see if Monaf's were approached seeing as they have probably sponsored at the club for 30 years.

Never seen Ruchi sponsoring at the club?