3G pitch approved

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Jamie

Tony wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:53 am As far as I am aware it has never been the objective to bring in another club such as Kingstonian for reasons more than economic ones. Sadly for Ks we are not the solution to their long term ground issues.
Nope, Ks screwed as AFC Wombledumb went back on their gentleman's agreement when they moved in, took the £s from Chelsea ladies.
But the media won't report on that as they are loved by all.
Massive shame, used to love watching Hampton against big boy Ks
TW3 Beaver

Jamie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:19 pm

Nope, Ks screwed as AFC Wombledumb went back on their gentleman's agreement when they moved in, took the £s from Chelsea ladies.
But the media won't report on that as they are loved by all.
Massive shame, used to love watching Hampton against big boy Ks
For me that was always the rivalry, obviously those with memories going back to the 60's will consider it to be Staines Town, but seeing as they are really no more, we will have to stick with them or SW17 Dons, or whatever they are called.
Tony

Although not directly relevant to our 3G application, Kingstonian are really in a dreadful situation until they can find a new permanent home. They still have a big chunk of money from AFC Wimbledon in the bank but no doubt are keeping that back to support any new ground development back in their own borough. Meanwhile they are seeing dwindling crowds over at Tooting are in danger of relegation to step 4. The longer the wait for a new ground goes on the less money they will have to support the project. Last season they lost around £70K.
Tony

My understanding is that Ks entered into a 25 year sub lease with break clauses with AFCW when they acquired Kingsmeadow. On exercising that break clause so that they could sell to Chelsea, they agreed voluntarily to donate c£1M on top of another £200K for exercising the break clause to K’s to assist with a new ground development and costs of playing at other grounds. There are limitations on using the money and have to be signed off by AFC W but clearly the funds are diminishing over time and inflation will be doing its own damage.
Shepperton Supporter

Taking Tony’s point, looking in the relevant comments on the Ks forum it seems that there is quite a debate as to where the money has gone. I like most of us do not know enough to make an informed comment. Their argument seems that the £1.2 m given by AFC, as mentioned by Tony, is is AFC’s accounts but not an equivalent figure in Ks. It might be that ground sharing and associated costs have been greater than what was initially anticipated?
The sad part is that they are facing a potential relegation with dwindling crowds, let’s hope they are not on the same trajectory as Staines.
HamptonMad

Any idea who is paying the £500,000 to buy the 3g pitch.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:31 pm Any idea who is paying the £500,000 to buy the 3g pitch.
Not me LOL!!!

MK
Tony

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:31 pm Any idea who is paying the £500,000 to buy the 3g pitch.
If it goes ahead, our new investors.
HamptonMad

Tony wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:25 am
If it goes ahead, our new investors.
Thank you Tony for your reply.
Jamie

Is there a reason why the club/new investors would not look to use the Football Foundation / Premier League, and other funding streams, so they didn't have to pay it all themselves?
Tony

I believe - and I am straying into territory where I am no expert- there are no grants available at our level for such a project, the club having previously looked into this in some detail. If there are then I guess no reason not to although bear in mind we already have two grants agreed for the terracing and floodlights.
Brit

Nub news reports it is a £2m uplift includinng 3G and lights. See: https://www.facebook.com/richmondnubnews/