Eastbourne (H)

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Agree the switch to five at the back meant we lost midfield and encouraged Eastbourne forward. Until then they had hardly mounted a successful attack.
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Shep Supporter was also having login issues and asked me to reset his password which I have now done, so hopefully he will be commenting soon!

If LE or anyone else is having login issues please email me: hampton_beaver (at) hotmail.com and I will reset. Ta
Shepperton Supporter

Back on line! Hopefully!
Shepperton Supporter

Yes I was there and it was a much better performance from the team . I thought certain players had their best game for some time. Obviously we are some way short of where we will all like to be, but the main objective is to avoid relegation. If achieved, then it will give Mel the opportunity to reshape the squad in the summer. He will do that anyway, but relegation would reduce the quality of players available.
Les1949

RogerB wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:53 pm Only five messages on here after an improved performance and great win, yet our drubbing at Ebbsfleet produced 30 messages and the Slough defeat 36 messages. And nothing from LE or SS. I do hope they've not defected to Rectory Meadow.
Someone said to me after the game 'How do we celebrate a win, it's been so long'!
Last edited by Les1949 on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Les1949

shaunden wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:49 pm
Heard Saturday 25th is Tracey last day at the Bev
Hopefully the club will be doing something to show there gratitude for her great service for many years .
Yes, Tracey is leaving after this Saturday's game. She will be greatly missed and has always given 100% in everything that she has done over many years. I believe that three (yes,3) people have been recruited to replace her (one of which has already resigned!).
HamptonMad

Les1949 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm
Hopefully the club will be doing something to show there gratitude for her great service for many years .
Yes, Tracey is leaving after this Saturday's game. She will be greatly missed and has always given 100% in everything that she has done over many years. I believe that three (yes,3) people have been recruited to replace her (one of which has already resigned!).
It will take 4 people to replace the lovely Tracey. What are these people doing to our Club. Good Luck Tracey Thanks for everthing you have done for this once great club.
Lord Elpus

Well, forum login issues now resolved (many thanks! ) and I'm definitely still here. No way am I deserting to Hanworth Villa, I like going there occasionally if we don't have a game but that's about it. 43 years of support doesn't just disappear overnight all because we have some new owners whose methods I might not always agree with. Shame to read about Tracey going, she'll be missed and I'd like to give her our (me, Dad and son's) thanks.
Others have said everything that needs to be said about Tuesday night already but wasn't it great winning a game! Decent performance against Eastbourne, who are not a bad side at all. Really looking forward to the Dulwich game now.
Tracey

shaunden wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:49 pm Perhaps people are getting over the shock of a home win !!! Thought it was a good team performance especially Dean and Tommy but everyone had a good game. They had a lot of the ball across midfield but not a lot of danger in final third.Not sure about going 5 across the back for last 10 minutes allowing them to much possession.
Thank you x
Tracey

Lord Elpus wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:08 am Well, forum login issues now resolved (many thanks! ) and I'm definitely still here. No way am I deserting to Hanworth Villa, I like going there occasionally if we don't have a game but that's about it. 43 years of support doesn't just disappear overnight all because we have some new owners whose methods I might not always agree with. Shame to read about Tracey going, she'll be missed and I'd like to give her our (me, Dad and son's) thanks.
Others have said everything that needs to be said about Tuesday night already but wasn't it great winning a game! Decent performance against Eastbourne, who are not a bad side at all. Really looking forward to the Dulwich game now.
Thank you x
Tracey

HamptonMad wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:47 pm
Les1949 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:40 pm
It will take 4 people to replace the lovely Tracey. What are these people doing to our Club. Good Luck Tracey Thanks for everthing you have done for this once great club.

Thank you xx