Those Were The Days; 17th April 2010

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

THOSE WERE THE DAYS
April 17th 2010
Football Conference (Blue Square) South
Weymouth 1 HRBFC 0 Att; 501

Matt Lovett; Louis-Rae Beadle, Barrie Matthews, Orlando Jeffrey, Dean Inman, Dean Wells, Stuart Lake, Craig Dundas, Ian Hodges, Lawrence Yaku (Karl Beckford, 69’), Dave Tarpey.
Unused Subs; Chris Robinson & Ashley Quashie

Just to prove that I don’t always go for wins……Hampton, became only Weymouth’s fifth win of the season in a disappointing display on their first visit to The Terras. The Beavers were variously described as ’luck lustre’ and ‘disappointing’ while the hosts were deemed ‘hard working’. Early in the second half even the home fans were shocked when Weymouth took the lead. Only Dean Wells came out with any credit after the performance of the team. It would be quite a few years until the two teams would meet again.

The Old Historian
Last edited by Les1949 on Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie

You can see why we lost, basically four out and out centre forwards!

I know Tarpey didn't play through the middle back then, and Dundas always has played deeper too, but you certainly couldn't say the lineup wasn't attacking that day!
Mucky knees

Les what was the score as I can't see it anywhere???

MK
Les1949

Mucky knees wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:20 am Les what was the score as I can't see it anywhere???

Oops, managed to delete a line, up there now!
Lord Elpus

Jamie is right, that's a very uncharacteristically unbalanced side, usually Dev's teams had a rock solid spine to them, which ultimately has always been the reason for his successes wherever he's been.