New season

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

We are seeing Mel use his contacts at previous clubs, Exeter/Barnet, which to be fair is how most managers recruit. Suspect we are paying more than previous seasons to get these players in which is expected given the new owners’ stated ambition. Will be interesting to see how it all fits together come pre-season. More players to come no doubt.
Shepperton Supporter

I am sure Tony that there will be more incoming players, knowing Bevereemaster predictions I think Rhys might be next!
Whoryer

Hope Seymour can take penalties, if not might as well let Julian take the next one, unless 1 of the other new signings can take them
Shepperton Supporter

Saw a couple of clips and yes he did take and scored a penalty.
BevereeMaster

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:34 pm I am sure Tony that there will be more incoming players, knowing Bevereemaster predictions I think Rhys might be next!
I would quite like to see us sign Joash Nembhard who was released from Havant and quite a few of their fans were not too happy about it.
Tony

Any idea why he was released? Seems to have been first choice when available.
Shepperton Supporter

Doswell signed him from Hemel, he had previously played at Sutton during Doswell’s tenure. He also played in Wales.
Why he was released I don’t know, it might be a change in manager, financial issues, they had a poor run at the end of the season so that might have been a factor.
Whether we are interested is for we supporters, a topic of speculation. Beveree Master seems to have some accurate predictions even knowing of players being released before their clubs have made it public!
Let’s wait and see, very interesting times.
BevereeMaster

I only mentioned him as he has recently liked two of our recent tweets when announcing Ben Seymour, recently being released and also being mates most likely with Wishart from their time at Hemel would have made sense.

New keeper signed from Cheshunt, don’t know much about him at all. Looks like he has the qualities to push Jules for the number 1 spot I with 7 clean sheets in a struggling side
Last edited by BevereeMaster on Thu May 25, 2023 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeaverWatcher

New Goalkeeper signs up, Adam Desbois. With Cheshunt last season.

https://www.hrbfc.co.uk/news/adam-desbo ... suEgXrtwGE
Stanwell Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:22 am Doswell signed him from Hemel, he had previously played at Sutton during Doswell’s tenure. He also played in Wales.
Why he was released I don’t know, it might be a change in manager, financial issues, they had a poor run at the end of the season so that might have been a factor.
Whether we are interested is for we supporters, a topic of speculation. Beveree Master seems to have some accurate predictions even knowing of players being released before their clubs have made it public!
Let’s wait and see, very interesting times.
Nembhard was at Staines Town during my time at Wheatsheaf Park, under Johnson Hippolyte's management. A very solid defender and 'VFM' in the size department!
When he left Staines Town, we had protracted registration issues with Welsh side The New Saints, as they'd poached him and we dragged our heels on the international clearance to annoy them!!
Shepperton Supporter

Interesting about Staines dragging their heels over the registration. For us oldies I remember a similar action with Neville Warner and Don Aldridge!
Stanwell Beaver

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:25 am Interesting about Staines dragging their heels over the registration. For us oldies I remember a similar action with Neville Warner and Don Aldridge!
Never release a player until you've had his tracksuit and training kit back!