New season

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:14 pm
Tony wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:53 pm Well if we are serious about promotion it has to be.
It might be that Spencer is putting out an excuse for not retaining the player, but no doubt our budget has increased. Think we might have a pause in the recruitment until management have assessed what is available., hopefully there might be a couple of late signings before the preseason gets fully underway.
This is very much my reading of the post by Farnborough. Much easier to explain a player you wanted to retain leaving by saying that they were offered much more money, than saying they just wanted to move. No one from either club, nor the player, is ever going to dispute that, but doesn't necessarily mean it's true.
DistantBeaver

Personally I’m really excited for the new season I never seen this calibre of players enter the foray
Wouldn’t of imagined this ever

Looking forward to Pre Season seeing some of the players and also current ones

Come On You Mighty Beavers!
Tony

Ever heard of Jamal Lowe or Nicki Kabamba or maybe Brendan Kieran or Moussa Diarra?
DistantBeaver

Tony wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:04 pm Ever heard of Jamal Lowe or Nicki Kabamba or maybe Brendan Kieran or Moussa Diarra?
Yes of course but what I mean by my comment is players that we have signed are already experienced where when Jamal,Nicke and the others came to us Dowse gave them there chances at stabilisation and the likes of Jack Taylor too (sorry if not put the way I wanted)

In the past players like Rob Hall,Cheadle,Bloomfield would of gone elsewhere and they are experienced to have these players with what we already have

Very exciting times
Tony

Tony wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:11 am I see Eastbourne Borough have announced they are close to selling majority control to a new investor. Eastbourne are currently a Community Interest Company. No details of who the investor is but hope to conclude by end of May.
Eastbourne Borough have exchanged contracts on the sale of a majority stake to media entrepreneur, Simon Leslie. There is a suggestion that they will now go full time.
Tony

And now have sacked their manager, Danny Bloor who took them to 8th place.Warren Feeney has also left Welling Utd.
Shepperton Supporter

Feeney has gone to Glentoran as manager.
Adam

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:28 pm Feeney has gone to Glentoran as manager.
The Welling fans seemingly happy he has gone and the Glentoran fans are not happy he has been appointed!
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Off topic, but Glentoran's ground is well worth a visit if you're ever across the water, full of character. Possibly the only UK ground to still have a cage/high fence to keep fans from entering the field of play from the terracing.
BeaverWatcher

Tony wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:16 pm And now have sacked their manager, Danny Bloor who took them to 8th place.Warren Feeney has also left Welling Utd.
Steve King incoming I would reckon....
Stanwell Beaver

Tony wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:16 pm And now have sacked their manager, Danny Bloor who took them to 8th place.Warren Feeney has also left Welling Utd.
Seems a strange time to be changing managers, so late after the end of the season.
I never liked Bloor at Eastbourne, a very ungracious man in his media and with an extremely awkward style!
As for the new Eastbourne Manager, I see their media release refers to to them taking a more "data driven approach to recruitment, preparation and analysis, using the latest AI technology"...! Step forward some kind of robot then!!
Whoryer

I think Crawley tried the AI approach and nearly got relegated doing it.I can also see King ending up there as he always seems to go where the money is and blows it.Going to be alot stronger league this year with the amount of teams spending money