Walton & Hersham v Hanworth Villa

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Cliffp

I’d expect to see them somewhere a bit more local than Enfield or Carshalton.

Aren’t we looking for a manager(s) if Mel moves into a DoF role? Just asking?
Tony

Bit surprised as the new chairman at Hanworth is I hear investing quite heavily in the club.
TW10

Hanworth is severely limited by its location and infrastructure. If the manager is ambitious he would want to move on. Would be interested to know what they were paying Sam Merson, George Wells and Tom Bender.. or had they had enough of the challenges of higher grade football?
Shepperton Supporter

[/quote]

Think most folks are very happy with Mel and would wish him a successful time as our manager. As for the future, it does depend on what both Mel and the owners have in their future plans.
Is there a future involving Paul Tisdale who has been next to Mel in the last few home games?
There has been talk of getting in a player coach, could this be part of long term planning to replace Mel?
Time will tell, but if our new owners are adopting a professional approach, then however tentative they are, a good practice involves having plans for future changes that can sometimes arrive when not expected.
BevereeMaster

Cliffp wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:37 am I’d expect to see them somewhere a bit more local than Enfield or Carshalton.

Would be great
TW10

Best option by a country mile is Mel is manager next season and for as long as possible
Stanwell Beaver

I didn't realise the HV Management Team had resigned - absolutely nothing on their official Twitter feed since the final whistle on Sunday!
Would the HV management team go to Harrow Borough perhaps? Just relegated to step 4 and without a manager following Steve Baker's resignation.
As for HV, I read the Egham Town manager has just resigned, following the 'Sarnies' defeat in the step 4/5 play-off at the weekend. I'd put a wager on him (Jordan Berry) going to HV.
Tony

It was announced on the Onsidefc twitter feed. Given that HV have a new investor apparently putting long term investment into the club it seems odd to leave now unless it was for a better offer. Not sure Harrow Borough have much money to offer. I have no knowledge but might expect them to appear at a Level 3 club.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:36 am It was announced on the Onsidefc twitter feed. Given that HV have a new investor apparently putting long term investment into the club it seems odd to leave now unless it was for a better offer. Not sure Harrow Borough have much money to offer. I have no knowledge but might expect them to appear at a Level 3 club.
"new investor" :lol:
The new Chairman will be James Connor, who's father founded the club. Nothing new at all just carrying on the legacy.
Also investment isn't always someone with a big cheque book, lots of funding available, and the plans they have are fantastic, something HRBFC should have been doing over the past 25 years.
Tony

So with all that going on it will be interesting to find out why their much praised management team have quit.
TW3 Beaver

Tony wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:36 am It was announced on the Onsidefc twitter feed. Given that HV have a new investor apparently putting long term investment into the club it seems odd to leave now unless it was for a better offer. Not sure Harrow Borough have much money to offer. I have no knowledge but might expect them to appear at a Level 3 club.
https://twitter.com/onsidefc/status/165 ... 78208?s=20
Josh2002

Stanwell Beaver wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:47 am I didn't realise the HV Management Team had resigned - absolutely nothing on their official Twitter feed since the final whistle on Sunday!
Would the HV management team go to Harrow Borough perhaps? Just relegated to step 4 and without a manager following Steve Baker's resignation.
As for HV, I read the Egham Town manager has just resigned, following the 'Sarnies' defeat in the step 4/5 play-off at the weekend. I'd put a wager on him (Jordan Berry) going to HV.
Jordan Berry announced as new Harrow Borough manager.