Walton & Hersham v Hanworth Villa

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

W&H have appointed a US based director to develop their brand in the US. Seems like everyone is having the same ideas for non league football. I hear coach loads of American tourists turn up randomly in Wrexham expecting stadium tours. At least we are a bit more local for Heathrow.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:16 pm W&H have appointed a US based director to develop their brand in the US. Seems like everyone is having the same ideas for non league football. I hear coach loads of American tourists turn up randomly in Wrexham expecting stadium tours. At least we are a bit more local for Heathrow.
Where have you seen this? No news on this on any Hanworth Villa outlet.

The only mild thing I can see that would make you think this is a tweet last year of Gary Vee holding a Hanworth Villa shirt with the Toikido shirt sponsor on. Gary Vee being an investor in Toikido.

Is that what you saw? Or have seen or heard something else?
Tony

As I said in the post, W&H not HV.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:26 pm As I said in the post, W&H not HV.
Haha, I apologise.
I saw that previously too.
To be fair the young lads at Walton have done a cracking job.
Went to school at Hampton Grammar. I wonder what the reaction would have been if they had enquired to get involved at Hampton & RB
Tony

I don’t know the full details but they took over W&H when it was at death’s door and heading for Step 6. They paid £100 for the club and the seven directors put in a further £2,000 each to fund the running expenses, some allegedly from their student loans. At one point they had 13p left in the bank but built up revenue without it seems having to put in any more of their own money. How far they can go after three consecutive promotions will be very interesting.
Jamie

Tony wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:55 pm I don’t know the full details but they took over W&H when it was at death’s door and heading for Step 6. They paid £100 for the club and the seven directors put in a further £2,000 each to fund the running expenses, some allegedly from their student loans. At one point they had 13p left in the bank but built up revenue without it seems having to put in any more of their own money. How far they can go after three consecutive promotions will be very interesting.
It's a nice story, but I am sure there is a bit more too it.
Pupils of Hampton Grammar School which is a fees based school. I would think maybe it's a good story, and perhaps their was some help and support from family.

Still amazing what they have done, and over 1 million followers on social media.