Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
RogerB

Bishop's Strortford could be a possibility, then. Same level but different league. Or didn't we always play some "home" PSFs at Bedfont?
Jamie

You have to have and maintain contacts higher up to get juicy home friendlies.

I wouldn't be surprised if maybe a friendly of sorts at a training ground against a pro u23s or something through one of Mel's contacts perhaps.

Really need to keep and maintain the contacts with Brentford, QPR etc, you can't just call them up each summer and ask for a friendly.
This is where a "Director of Football" type person is vitally important even at step 2. I'm sure over time the way the new ownership speak, this will be addressed, maybe someone like Tisdale doing bits as and when needed.
Shepperton Supporter

With the first preseason game on 15th July, one presumes training will start early July . Assume this will be somewhere local and hopefully we might get some photos/reports to feed our “no news hunger.”
Jamie

I know some clubs who have already started pre season - absolutely crazy
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:18 pm With the first preseason game on 15th July, one presumes training will start early July . Assume this will be somewhere local and hopefully we might get some photos/reports to feed our “no news hunger.”
I will be there with the camera at the first pre-season session.
DistantBeaver

I don’t know what it is but it feels like Pre Season come around like a click of the button

Looking forward to seeing what squad shaping up to be and looking forward to seeing some of you lot on the 25th

And few more matches during the season and can’t wait til fixtures come out in three weeks

Come On You Beavers 🦫
Mucky knees

Looking forward to when work will be started laying out new plastic pitch!

MK