New pitch floodlights etc.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Do we have any idea when the work is due to commence?
I would presume that training will commence towards the end of June with preseason friendly games in July. To accommodate this I presume this will take place elsewhere.
This leads me onto a further question, it has been mooted that the first few home league games are played elsewhere, where does this leave season ticket holders who might find it difficult to travel?
Stanwell Beaver

I randomly saw a Facebook update from a removals company yesterday, who provided pictures of their vans at the Beveree, busily loading up and assisting with the works (which referred to pitch and other works,) so hopefully activities have already started.
Brit

Aspen Movers Ltd is at Hampton & Richmond Borough F.C.
Shepperton Supporter

Thanks for the information. Would suggest they are clearing out the club house/changing rooms for work. Would not think it is in connection with pitch and floodlights.
Shepperton Supporter

From the news of work being done on the club house and changing rooms. Are there details of what is being done?
Les1949

When Raith Rovers (my Scottish team) had an artificial pitch put in, the club set up a time-lapse camera to record the progress of the work and supporters could go onto the web site and keep up to date. You could watch the pitch being dug up, levelled, base laid and the 'carpet' put down and 'ironed'.

One wonders if those media savvies who are in now charge of the club have thought of doing that.

Potentially; floodlights coming down, new ones going up and all the work carried out on the pitch. I am sure that our American Investors as well as our supporters would like to view the changes made.

Having said all that, currently the camera wouldn't have anything to show as the view from 'The Meadow' as of Saturday....is unchanged.
Shepperton Supporter

What you propose would be interesting Les.
Reading this and other themes on this forum, the installation of pitch, floodlights and other proposed work , if not completed by the time of preseason will have an adverse effect on season tickets, fixtures etc. Hopefully our owners have factored in potential delays but regular status reports would be most welcome
TW2-Beaver
Site Admin

Les1949 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:09 pm Having said all that, currently the camera wouldn't have anything to show as the view from 'The Meadow' as of Saturday....is unchanged.
Had a wander past this morning, nothing much happening yet...
HamptonMad

PK put a drone over the ground this morning. Nothing changed.
Shepperton Supporter

Assuming that we have taken a professional approach to this then start and finish dates have been written into the contracts with the firms doing the work. On that assumption, then it might help to inform folk so that they can plan when they would be getting season tickets etc.
HamptonMad

S&C Slatter 3g pitch experts. Say it takes 16 weeks to remove grass pitch, lay drainage.And fit 3g pitch. Floodlights. And suround fence. That would take us till the end of September if they start Next week.
RogerB

The lack of activity and the lack of news from the board is very concerning though not surprising.