HRBFC Twitter; Who would you like in first 3 games?

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

This on the Club Twitter.........

[i]The release of the 2023/24 fixtures is only weeks away now ⌚️

Last season, our first 3 games in August were:

Cheshunt (A)
Hemel Hempstead (H)
Bath City (H)

Who are YOU hoping to see us face in our first 3 games this year ⁉️

I think I would rather know where we will be playing our home games..
at Beveree on a grass pitch,
at Beveree on a non-existent artificial pitch or...
somebody else's ground.

Has rather more relevance, i think!
HamptonMad

Dartford at home down Hathrop road
RogerB

Some quotes from one of the directors that I contacted on Monday....

"A range of works is progressing and supporters are asked to stay away from the ground for safety reasons."

"As a precaution, we have asked for early league fixtures to be away, if possible."

"It's bound to be a different kind of August for us, but longer-term it will be transformational for the club."

So there you go, no need to panic then, despite Beveree looking derelict, workers are beavering away behind the scenes out of sight of those supporters who have defied the edict to stay away, we have obviously found some 3G pitch installers who will do a world-class job in record time and no need to make contingency plans to groundshare for the first three months.
Lord Elpus

RogerB wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:44 pm Some quotes from one of the directors that I contacted on Monday....

"A range of works is progressing and supporters are asked to stay away from the ground for safety reasons."

"As a precaution, we have asked for early league fixtures to be away, if possible."

"It's bound to be a different kind of August for us, but longer-term it will be transformational for the club."

So there you go, no need to panic then, despite Beveree looking derelict, workers are beavering away behind the scenes out of sight of those supporters who have defied the edict to stay away, we have obviously found some 3G pitch installers who will do a world-class job in record time and no need to make contingency plans to groundshare for the first three months.
"A range of works is progressing??" Really? Where? As you say Roger, without proper news it's all a bit concerning isn't it. Does anyone know if our agreement with the Council to play at the ground involves us having to maintain it to a certain standard?

This also doesn't necessarily mean an agreement hasn't been made to groundshare elsewhere, at least temporarily, but apart from (very promising) team news, there has been nothing announced at all this summer.

What's the problem? Not that I'm expecting much of an answer...
Brit

Keep RogerB post until August so that we can add "famous last words" or "no he was quite right". Only about 6 weeks time.
LouisFell

Les1949 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:45 pm This on the Club Twitter.........

Cheshunt (A)
Hemel Hempstead (H)
Bath City (H)

somebody else's ground.

Hey guys! If you have problems with what I post, which you in particular Les, know that I do, feel free to message or email me rather than trying to embarrass me in the comments and dogpile me in the fan forum 👍 you know, like actual adults.
Lord Elpus

LouisFell wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:36 am
Les1949 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:45 pm This on the Club Twitter.........

Cheshunt (A)
Hemel Hempstead (H)
Bath City (H)

somebody else's ground.

Hey guys! If you have problems with what I post, which you in particular Les, know that I do, feel free to message or email me rather than trying to embarrass me in the comments and dogpile me in the fan forum 👍 you know, like actual adults.
Louis, don't misunderstand any of this, I think with the information you're being given and are presumably allowed to post under "official sanction" you're doing a really good job. The updates on signings for example were all second to none. However, many of us on here have (legitimate?) concerns that none of the expected summer works seem to be happening at the ground and that it seems to be falling into a bad state of disrepair. It's not usually like this...the old dependable band of volunteers would have been in doing the bits of maintenance required but obviously this is no longer happening.
I'm sure no one's getting at you personally, I know I'm not, you do what you do very well, but this lack of updates from the board about the ground is starting to cause a few concerns, given where we are now in the summer. The same could be said for news on season tickets but I guess the ground stuff is more pressing.
BeaverWatcher

Spot on LE. It's never personal but people should be able to question, in a public forum, the information that is being (or not) put out there. For most supporters, me included, it is going to be about the pitch and the works. The club made such a noise about it all starting immediately after the season finished and yet, here we are in mid June and, on the surface, there doesn't appear to be much movement so questions are bound to be asked.

As long as it's not abusive or offensive then there shouldn't be any issue with fans asking questions on twitter, facebook or forums. It's interested parties choosing to interact with the club which is what social media is all about, the fact they may be using it to ask questions that are not related to that post is just normal, you can't control that. Of course there is no reason for the club to respond to these questions, there may be a range of reasons that they can't disclose facts due to negotiations going on with potential clubs for a groundshare, seeking approval from the league around fixtures, contractors, the council etc.

But to not do so will naturally lead to more debate, uncertainty and rumours (I've heard some absolute worldies doing the rounds!) spreading as well as people asking the same questions on any posts the club put out. If you do a search for HRBFC on twitter there are lots of followers asking the same questions so it shouldn't be a surprise that when the club put out something on their socials that it will then lead to questions. Same on Facebook.

If Rog B has managed to get some info from a director then maybe a short update along those lines, or that the club is unable to provide a full update due to discussions with third parties and this might stop some this. People might then respond to the posts with answers that are more relevant to the posts that are being put up. Generally if there is an information void on a subject people are interested in that void will be filled up, but not necessarily with the correct details!
LouisFell

Both of the above comments are completely understandable. And that is why I haven’t felt the need to say anything until now. When, however, someone who knows exactly who is posting, rather than, as you have, ask a question or raise a concern, decides instead to criticise the content or nature of the post, in a public setting, in what many consider to be a small family club, I think there is a HUGE difference there. And Les’ remarks on Facebook calling it “inane”, and copying and pasting the post to create a specific topic on a public forum, that he KNOWS I’m in, to criticise it, is incredibly disrespectful, and I think you should be able to see how I’ve taken it personally and feel embarrassed.

I’ve not had this feeling for a few months now as most people have been respectful.
DistantBeaver

Last edited by DistantBeaver on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
DistantBeaver

…….
Last edited by DistantBeaver on Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DistantBeaver

2007/08
2013/2014
2015/2016

Incredible FA CUP RUNS AND PROMOTIONS ALONG THE WAY
LETS CREATE MORE HISTORY

And someone other than Oldham in FA CUP Proper please
Last edited by DistantBeaver on Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.