Ashford Town Friendly

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Next Saturday’s PSF v Ashford kicks off at 1pm not 3pm.
Shepperton Supporter

It will be very interesting as to the lineup and the formation we play. I cannot make it as I am away, but will looking at reports with great interest.
Big Rich

A. Trialist, B. Trialist, etc
EastTerracer

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:53 pm It will be very interesting as to the lineup and the formation we play. I cannot make it as I am away, but will looking at reports with great interest.
How will we fit both Aguero and Ibrahimović in the side ?
Tony

Given we have only five low key PSFs I wonder if we will see many trialists at all. Not a lot of games for new players to gel with the rest of the squad and get used to any formation or tactical changes. Personally I think we may need a couple more to add to the squad but those might come from the loan market once the season starts. A few players might go out on dual registration to get game time.
Lord Elpus

I actually hope we don't have the parade of hapless triallists we've seen under previous managers in pre-season. You get the impression Mel knows exactly what he wants in a player and does his research beforehand, not leaving much to chance. I'd much rather the he used these games for getting the team to gel using his game plans, not running the rule over chancers.
Shepperton Supporter

Would tend to agree with the last two posts. Would only expect to see players as trialists if Mel thinks they can enhance the squad. As mentioned before there are a couple of players with Exeter connections that are available, so who knows!
Jamie

If there were games at Beveree I would imagine most of the trialists would be working off the field of play.... bar staff, stewards, etc
Tony

Ashford just lost 5-0 to Walton & Hersham in a PSF.
Shepperton Supporter

Four trialists, all young. Three midfield and one defender. Murray ex Reading, Pitblado ex QPR, Sanchez from USA and Drake - Thomas ex Colchester. Pitblado had a loan at Cheshunt and is the defender.
Await comments!
Lord Elpus

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:40 pm Four trialists, all young. Three midfield and one defender. Murray ex Reading, Pitblado ex QPR, Sanchez from USA and Drake - Thomas ex Colchester. Pitblado had a loan at Cheshunt and is the defender.
Await comments!
My young assistant reckons Murray is very local and was in the year below him at school!
Shepperton Supporter

Leading 3-0 into second half.