Club Colours

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
EastTerracer

The favoured home monochrome returns but with the brief addition of a white headband. Perhaps we were due to play in all red but the ref spotted a clash.
geedub

An impressive graphical upgrade on this reporting ET!

The key takeaway we can now see is that the first choice home kit appears to be all blue, which I hadn't appreciated before.
Big Rich

EastTerracer wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 am Image

The favoured home monochrome returns but with the brief addition of a white headband. Perhaps we were due to play in all red but the ref spotted a clash.
Loving the graphics ET! Nice job!
EastTerracer

Another successful outing for the all blue and a nice tribute to Sir Bobby's 1968 heroics.
RogerSW

Great graphic EastTerracer
RogerB

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:27 am
Les1949 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:09 pm I have the programme from the South West Middlesex Intermediate Victory Cup Final 1956/57 played at Beveree on Friday 26th April 1957, k.o. 6.30pm versus Hanworth FC (Beveree by kind permission of Twickenham AFC!).

Hampton's programmed line-up;

Terry Cook; Ivor Griffin, Mike Massey, Ted Brown, Derek Manning, Ron King, M (Jakie) Cooper, Walter Lindsay, Peter Tagg, Alan Duddy, A (Joe) Cooper

Hanworth won 3-1

Hampton colours are listed as Red & Blue Quarters, White Shorts

Also I have a Brita sponsored shirt, red & blue quarters which dates from circa 1988/89. It looks more like a rugby shirt and I think it counts as the ugliest Hampton shirt that I have.
Yes Les. They did play in Red and Blue quarters. Derek Manning Hampton player used to take me to games.
I checked the quarters/halves thing with Shirley at the match on Saturday. She reckons they always played in halved shirts in the 50’s, though she says they may have used quarters for a couple of years immediately after the war when, presumably, the full range of patterns may not have been available.
Talking of Shirley, hope she’s recovered from her close encounter with the match ball on Saturday.
And talking of Les’s cup final programme, that team contained some iconic names in the history of the club.
Terry Cook, the bespectacled goalkeeper who was the son-in-law of Cyril “Nobby” Beekes, one of the club’s founders.
Ron King, who had an illustrious career in the amateur game before returning to Hampton as manager.
The famous Cooper brothers on the wings.
Peter Tagg, who became manager in the 60’s and oversaw our first Surrey Senior and Spartan League championships and numerous giant killings.
Alan Duddy, who did so much for the club as treasurer and working behind the scenes for much of the rest of his life.
And Walter Lindsey, still going strong at 90, living in Nottingham and keeping on regular contact with Shirley.
EastTerracer

A second away win in the all red which has now featured in our first game for 3 successive months.
EastTerracer

Having started the season with various blue and white away kits we now seem settled mainly on the all red. Through the foggy National League TV coverage is was difficult to distinguish from the all orange kit of Desbois.
Big Rich

EastTerracer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:12 am Image

Having started the season with various blue and white away kits we now seem settled mainly on the all red. Through the foggy National League TV coverage is was difficult to distinguish from the all orange kit of Desbois.
This is a great record! Thanks ET!
EastTerracer

Amother home win in the all blue. We may look like Chelsea this season but we win more than them in this kit.
EastTerracer

For those who want to buy a replica kit in their favorite (or perhaps an unused) combination, the club shop currently has all shirts, shorts and socks available. Training and travel wear has also been added.
EastTerracer

New kit day. The combinations hit double digits.