Havant away

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Shepperton Supporter

Vital game this, our hosts have brought in an experienced manager at our level who has plenty of contacts and has already started to reshape the squad.
After the Lewes game, with no improvement in the squad, then we would do well to get a point. Much will depend how much Mel and his team can lift morale.
If we have on game on the 14th due to cup games we could be even more adrift in the relegation zone in the next few weeks.
Tony

We might look to bring forward a league game on the 14th but might be better to use the time to bring in some players and bed them in.
BeaverWatcher

How easy it is to reshape the squad to plug the current, obvious, weaknesses may depend on how many of the players are on contracts and how many are just registered so easier to make changes. If the majority are on contracts then it would either need a temporary increase in the budget or moving some of the existing players on before changes can be made.

However it could be that the management team don't see any need to make changes at this time and keep the faith with the current squad.
Jamie

For all you cat lovers, don't forget to MEAOOOOOOWWW every time Zouma gets the ball for Havant & Waterlooville
tones

The current squad are just not up to it at the moment. We need to bring new players in and quickly. Otherwise our season will be over by Christmas and relegation will be a fact of life!
HamptonMad

Havant away is the start of a relegation battle. We were terrible on Saturday at Lewes. Action needs to be taken Now.
EastTerracer

Bringing in someone who can hold the ball up would be a start. We look extremely disjointed.
TW10

yep Clifton even a better signing last year than i appreciated when you watch this season.. the ball stuck to him and he got us up the pitch.. not too many goals but loads of assists, a very good player.. we need to find someone like him asap
BevereeMaster

Everyone wanted a new striker when we had him as he didn’t score enough. Funny old world.
EastTerracer

BevereeMaster wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:30 pm Everyone wanted a new striker when we had him as he didn’t score enough. Funny old world.
Certainly not me. Clifton made a huge difference to the team. Players knew the ball would stick to him and made runs off that. Basically he glued the whole team together.

How many players are currently anticpating getting a pass off a ball hoofed towards Seymour ? Seymour alongside someone like Clifton would be an entirely different proposition.
Adam

I know it’s only 10 games in. But this is looking like a must win game already. More for confidence than anything.

However I can’t see Mel turning it around with the current squad. I don’t think any particular player is to blame I just think the makeup of the team/squad is wrong. The midfield needs a bit more steel to it, and the ball needs to be able to stick up top more.

As BeaverWatcher said hopefully they haven’t put all the players on contract otherwise personnel changes will be hard to achieve unless the budget is added to. The advantage of this level is not having a transfer window which means you can make changes if things are not going as planned.
Shepperton Supporter

We have put in the Dartford game on the 14th which is good as it saves a midweek game in January. What it does brings into focus the vital importance to get points from these two games.
Most of us are hoping for squad changes?