Dartford Home Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Josh2002

What an incredible game of football.
Tony

I think the low sun in the second half was a major factor as we really struggled to defend high balls into the box whereas we seemed pretty comfortable in the first half. Not a game for the purists with stop/go throughout, frequent fouls and plenty of cards. Like last week it could have gone either way and Dartford will be kicking themselves with a very poorly taken penalty which would have made it 4-3. Lovely goal from Gray to win it late on. .
TW3 Beaver

Very good attendance of 1,181 I believe it was, obviously helped by it being the International Break.
TW3 Beaver

Josh2002 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:29 pm Now 3-2 ahead after Dartford scored two quick goals to level it up. Seymour scored from the spot after some pushing and shoving from Dartford players in the box to give us the lead.
One or two Dartford players trying to scuff up the penalty spot, one of whom threw himself to the ground as if pole axed.
TW3 Beaver

Josh2002 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:44 pm Desbois saves one of the worst penalties i’ve ever seen, making amends after he gave it away.
Could have sat on a chair and still saved it.
TW3 Beaver

Report from Dartford:

https://www.dartfordfc.com/event/hampto ... artford-7/

According to that report The referee absurdly awarded our penalty, and we stole all three points.
Last edited by TW3 Beaver on Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shepperton Supporter

Thought we were on the back foot early on and then two goals before the break. Had a feeling Dartford would come back they put Lewis Manor on and he started to win a lot of headers, Dartford resorted to lots of high balls and pulled back two quick goals the second from a corner where we just could not clear the ball bouncing about in the area, Seymour scored a penalty, those missed penalties are becoming a thing of the past! Yet there must still be something in the air at Beveree as when they were awarded a penalty it was very poor and easily saved. Gray with a scuffed shot got the winner. Very enjoyable result as there were times when it looked unlikely.
TW10

Great result with lot of incident. Luck on our side. Took 2 people with me, season ticket holders at brentford, first time at Hampton. Enjoyed the drama but were dismayed how we played especially in the first half, hammering it long relentless. Both said a lot of ability on the pitch but couldn’t understand the incessant long ball… neither are rushing back!!!

I thought Seymour was exceptional though feeding of scraps. Wishart had a great game too.
HamptonMad

Just watched Dowson crying on You tube. He blames the Referee for there defeat.
EastTerracer

TW10 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:42 pm Great result with lot of incident. Luck on our side. Took 2 people with me, season ticket holders at brentford, first time at Hampton. Enjoyed the drama but were dismayed how we played especially in the first half, hammering it long relentless. Both said a lot of ability on the pitch but couldn’t understand the incessant long ball… neither are rushing back!!!

I thought Seymour was exceptional though feeding of scraps. Wishart had a great game too.
Yep, good assessment.
Big Rich

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:59 pm Just watched Dowson crying on You tube. He blames the Referee for there defeat.
😭

Didn’t take his floodlight bulbs with him either.
Tony

6 points from two key games is probably more than we could have hoped. Our next three games are against teams in the top seven, Taunton, Worthing and Torquay so will be a tough test for us. I still feel we need reinforcements but seems as if Mel feels the squad is good enough to compete so the results in these games may give some answers. The quality yesterday was not great from either side but sometimes you have to win ugly in what became mostly a physical encounter. Dowse’ view that both sides would be in the bottom half come the end on the season on the evidence of yesterday’s game.