Ken Mace RIP

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Les1949

Ken passed away last Friday after a long illness.. For many years Ken was one of our match day Stewards (and season ticket holder), he carried out repairs etc around the ground during the week with his partners in crime, Eddie and Steve. I recall the day when he apologised to me that he couldn't help any more as he had a health problem. Ken was a former Referee and was also involved with local leagues for many years. Somewhere in my collection of programmes I'm sure that I have a programme with him named as match referee.

Lesley & I last saw him a year or two ago just before he and his wife, Gloria, moved away to live with their daughter when it became too hard for Gloria to look after him. I have been told by Tracey that there won't be a funeral as Ken decided to leave his body to scientific research. There are plans for a memorial service in the spring.

Ken was a lovely, lovely man. It was a privilege to have known and spent time at Beveree with him.

Sincere condolences to Gloria and Ken's family.

RIP, Ken and thank you for all you did.
TW10

I don’t know him but lovely words Les..
Jamie

Thoughts with his family and friends at this time.
Thank you Ken for all the many hours and work you put into the club.
RogerSW

Thank you Ken.

We are on the shoulders of giants.
TW16Brucie

I had the huge respect for Ken. His knowledge of the game and his love for the club.
Great to have known you Ken. RIP
Tony

Sad news, one of the Hampton stalwarts and a nice man.
BeaverWatcher

Sad news. Ken was always good for a chat about football and always made time for people when he was at the ground.

Condolences to his family