Club historian

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Tony

Anyone thinking of applying for the role of club historian which has just been advertised on jobsinfootball.com? Part of the job role is to write up the history of the club from conception to 23/24 season from club archives. Also to work with fans to understand their journey and how they came to support the club. About time someone did this properly.
Last edited by Tony on Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mucky knees

Isn't Les the club historian?

MK
Brit

The next advert will be for someone to set-up and run an official fans online forum
RogerB

Tony wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:30 pm Anyone thinking of applying for the role of club historian which has just been advertised on football jobs.com? Part of the job role is to write up the history of the club from conception to 23/24 season from club archives. Also to work with fans to understand their journey and how they came to support the club. About time someone did this properly.
Nice use of irony in the last sentence, Tony!
This is yet another example of how out of touch the brothers are with what went on at the club before their coming.
The two histories written by Tony and Les and the book of supporters’ stories compiled by Nick surely cover all of this.
RogerSW

Advertising this post in the way the Club Board has is, again, unnecessarily divisive - to their own detriment.

Time to learn how to build teams and communities.
Lord Elpus

Hmmm. Wonder if it might be time for an update and a reprint of my book...
TW10

The arrogance of the brothers here is breathtaking…a club historian has to evolve and be part of the fabric of the club ..as the author of the recent club, and the coverage Les provides..to think you can buy someone in to do that role equally as well is bizarre..

TBF to the brothers mind, i don’t know how it’s happened but the rise in attendances is quite remarkable
Jamie

TW10 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:40 pm TBF to the brothers mind, i don’t know how it’s happened but the rise in attendances is quite remarkable
Assuming they are accurate attendances, as a lot of comments on Twitter suggesting perhaps the figures are being exagerrated.
TW3 Beaver

Jamie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 am
TW10 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:40 pm TBF to the brothers mind, i don’t know how it’s happened but the rise in attendances is quite remarkable
Assuming they are accurate attendances, as a lot of comments on Twitter suggesting perhaps the figures are being exagerrated.
Don't believe everything you read on X, it's probably the same people that are spouting off on here.

Some people call themselves fans, but can't wait to air their negativity, after five straight wins they have to turn their attention to off field matters.
GRTourist

TW3 Beaver wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:10 pm
Jamie wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:00 am
Don't believe everything you read on X, it's probably the same people that are spouting off on here.

Some people call themselves fans, but can't wait to air their negativity, after five straight wins they have to turn their attention to off field matters.
I'd agree with this - I've been at all of the home matches bar one so far, and the attendance stats seem about right to me. I've seen a few photos posted of "empty" areas on Saturday to argue that the attendance was lower than the announced 1,490, but (a) they conveniently didn't show the absolutely rammed main stand, and (b) I walked past the same area shown midway through the first half and it was a lot busier than shown in the photos.

According to the excellent Turnstile League, our average home attendance is up 78% this season, which is remarkable.
TW10

The improvement in attendances is remarkable and i it is nonsense to say he numbers arn’t genuine.. what would you put it down to??… particularly as until the last two games we have played pretty unattractive hoofball
Tony

Attendances have definitely improved this season albeit only five home games and three of those against Yeovil, Dartford and Torquay all with big away followings. It is noticeable that there are a lot more kids with parents than in previous seasons and clearly the club's efforts to improve the match day offering is paying some dividends. I suspect kids are less concerned/aware of the quality of the football and we have won four out of five home games so it's not as if they are seeing their side lose on a regular basis. Away support still seems to me to be around a hardcore 50 or so supporters.