Next 3 Home Games

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
Big Rich

2-1.
Big Rich

Up to second. Great stuff.
KewBeaver

Another great win and pleasing to see the crowd stay over 1000 with a lower away following.
Well done Mel and the team. Bring on Braintree!
Tony

Thought we were very good in the first half despite not having as much possession as Hemel. Second half we needed that third goal to finish off any hopes of a comeback and came very close but their keeper made some good saves. Last 20 mins we struggled to get up the pitch and Hemel looked most likely to get the goal which then left us hanging on rather at the end. Picked up a few knocks which may leave us a bit short on Tuesday. At least we broke the Hemel hoodoo.
Mucky knees

HamptonMad wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:29 pm 2.0 up. But its getting Foggy.
Foggy 🌁 wasn't his part in last of the summer wine played by Brian Wilde???

MK
EastTerracer

KewBeaver wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:18 pm Another great win and pleasing to see the crowd stay over 1000 with a lower away following.
Well done Mel and the team. Bring on Braintree!
Are crowds being counted differently this season ? Seemed like the sort of crowd that would have been announced as 700 in the past.
EastTerracer

We were very well organised out of possesion for the first hour or so and denied the opposition much in the way of chances. The switch of Nunn for Pitblado seemed to disrupt that and we gave away far too much possession often hoofing the ball right back to Hemel. While we are on a great run, I think we can improve considerably on holding the ball in possession.
Shepperton Supporter

First half we were in control thanks to two headed Donaldson goals. After the break we could have had more only to be thwarted by King in the visiting keeper. Then towards the end we conceded a soft goal and the nerves kick in especially on the terraces! The team defended well and it showed what a defender is Fernandez now fully ably aided by his fellow defenders and the rest of the team.
Only concern if both Seymour and Bloomfield might not be available for Tuesday.
Tony

Nunn hardly touched the ball and we lost a man in midfield. I would rather have seen Whittingham introduced much earlier. Not sure why Mel doesn’t give him more time.
Shepperton Supporter

Just listened to their manager on u tube . They had illness at the start, player injured. First goal, the ref should have stopped the game because one of their players was on the floor. Second half they were the better team, deserved at least a draw., Hampton are having the rub of the green as they keep winning!
ExRef

“Sour grapes” sounds appropriate!
GRTourist

Shepperton Supporter wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:16 pm Just listened to their manager on u tube . They had illness at the start, player injured. First goal, the ref should have stopped the game because one of their players was on the floor. Second half they were the better team, deserved at least a draw., Hampton are having the rub of the green as they keep winning!
I spent about ten minutes by the dugouts in the first half, and I don't think I'd be exaggerating to say he was screaming at the ref solidly for about eight of them.