Welling here on Tuesday

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
tones

I'm surprised any team pushing for promotion has not made sure the problems with their ground are sorted out. Hampton appear for a number of years to have suffered when any amount of rain falls on the pitch. Postponements are not only frustrating for fans but for the players themselves. Every time a match is called off we are playing catch-up with teams that managed to get their games played on time.
Josh2002

Whilst there is a major area of the ground that is an issue, which HM mentioned, maybe we should be thankful we’re not in the situation Taunton, Truro and even Plymouth Parkway in the league below
are in.
Mucky knees

I note tonight's match at the hive *Barnet versus Eastleigh* has been called off due to waterlogging. I thought they has a plastic pitch???

MK
Josh2002

No, they don't 'has' one, they've never had one for that matter either.
GRTourist

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:46 pm Soft . Heavy in one place with puddles. You need to fix the drainedge in this part of pitch.
I see that Maidenhead, Wealdstone, Barnet, Hanwell Town, Hayes & Yeading, Cheshunt, Ashford Town, Raynes Park Vale, Binfield, Westfield all postponed in our (relatively) local area. Maybe last night being off wasn't a Hampton problem?
HamptonLifer5

Josh2002 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm Whilst there is a major area of the ground that is an issue, which HM mentioned, maybe we should be thankful we’re not in the situation Taunton, Truro and even Plymouth Parkway in the league below
are in.
Speaking of which, Parkway have just announced that their next 2 home games will be held at Yate Town.
BeaverWatcher

Just the 260 mile round trip then.....
Mucky knees

My old school mucker (deaf boarding school) lives in Yate.

MK
GRTourist

HamptonLifer5 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:18 pm
Josh2002 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:21 pm Whilst there is a major area of the ground that is an issue, which HM mentioned, maybe we should be thankful we’re not in the situation Taunton, Truro and even Plymouth Parkway in the league below
are in.
Speaking of which, Parkway have just announced that their next 2 home games will be held at Yate Town.
They've still got 17 matches left to play! Some teams in their league have only got eight...
HamptonMad

Welling Home Tuesday. 1.0 Hampton win imo. We just need to carry on getting 3 points.
Shepperton Supporter

The postponement of last week is back and to a large extend the comments made for that game still apply. Brown is out so I would expect Gibson-Hammond to feature. If so, it might require some rebalance of midfield. No doubt Mel will have ides as to how is starting lineup will be .
Welling are about 6th in the form list, we are currently top but in this season everyone has been obtaining surprise results. Don’t think there are any easy games.
Tony

Agree. Sort of game where even a point is ok as a defeat could easily knock confidence. Although not playing particularly well we have at least won against sides in trouble and in the bottom half of the table. Last top half win was against Slough.