Hemel Hempstead - 16th March

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
TW10

Anyone know if Dean is injured or not making the squad (now that would be odd)..
Tony

1-1 after being well on top we gave away a poor goal with some bad defending.
Tony

2-1 Seymour pen after a pretty poor second half display. Seymour immediately subbed.
Last edited by Tony on Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HamptonMad

TW10 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:12 pm Anyone know if Dean is injured or not making the squad (now that would be odd)..
Sorry i was thinking the same about Inman. I have asked a few people in the know.
But it seems to be top secret. Maybe The Tourest will tell us
Tony

FT 2-1
HamptonMad

HamptonMad wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:49 pm Hemel lost 0.2 at Bath City tonight. Thats Dowson played 2 lost 2.
Dowson played 3 lost 3.
Shepperton Supporter

From the report it seems that Gibson-Hammond came on and scored the first goal and was lively. Might see him getting a starting position soon?
As for Inman understand he was there and did the warm up. Hopefully his exclusion will be explained soon. His name is not in the list of our players on the Wikipedia club page?
Josh2002

Top away performance. Gibson-Hammond my man of the match after coming on for Brown. Grabbed the first goal and looked lively for the rest of the game. A clear one for me after the Hemel man handballed with his hands out, and Seymour confidently stuck it away. Desbois made one good save to keep us ahead, but apart from that we weren’t troubled. Hemel a poor side and you can see why they are down there. Big performance which we can hopefully take into Tuesday!
Tony

I’m not sure we dominated the game in the way Mel claimed in his post match comments. With four debutants Hemel were understandably disjointed but we allowed the second half to become a physical battle which we weren’t really winning. Mel was right in that the penalty was harsh on them. It came from a corner after Donaldson had our first shot of the half well saved by their keeper. Debois then made a wonder save to keep us ahead. Worth watching on the highlights. First half we started slowly but then got on top and deserved our lead. Their goal as Mel said came from some poor defending as we lost control for about ten minutes.
TW3 Beaver

Not an outstanding performance, but the three points gained against a poor Hemel Hempstead side who apart from a couple of decent saves from Desbois didn't really trouble us.

Any one of about three or four players could have put our opening goal away before Alex Gibson-Hammond got the final touch.
Bit of a scramble in the Hampton box, including a good save from Desbois before Hemel equalised.
There has been some comments, from both sides that the penalty was soft, but none of the Hemel players really complained, and it was confidently dispatched by Ben Seymour.
Four wins in a row, six games unbeaten, and not really playing that well.
Tony

Results are everything at this stage of the season and if we make the play offs then very much a successful campaign. If we can land a home draw then so much the better. Just hope we don’t flop at the first hurdle. All the sides we are likely to meet are beatable so we should have no fears.
HamptonMad

Hemel game now on you tube. Also Dowson crying he has not won a game this year.