Taunton here on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
HamptonMad

£3 for chichen soup. I have a big pump flask of chicken soup in The Club Car. Come and see me at half time Big Rich. No Mr Barbel today so i have plenty.
geedub

Looks like pretty much a full strength Beavers line up today - we haven't had the luxury of that in a long time.
Tony

No Fernandez or Dreyer though.
geedub

Tony wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:15 pm No Fernandez or Dreyer though.
Ahh yes - I overlooked Fernandez for sure
TW3 Beaver

Good to see Inman and Seymour back.
Tony

Having been totally in control and 1-0 up we then had a mad 5 minutes and gave Taunton an equaliser just before half time. HT 1-1.
TW10

Very poor in second half with the wind only created a few half chances. Maybe time to face up that this side iis an honest group who work hard but arn't good enough to get promoted.
Tony

So frustrating to watch the game drift away from us when we should have been out of sight before halftime. We just can’t keep a clean sheet and can’t create enough chances even against rank strugglers like Taunton. We managed just three attempts in the second half with the wind advantage, two blasted into the trees and one a good block by the defender from Seymour late on. Yet first half hour we looked totally in control but couldn’t finish what opportunities we created. Our fate is still in our hands but this should have been a home banker. Taunton lost their last six games.
ExRef

I thought we had it “ in the bag” early on with Seymour and Bloomfield back in harness but, as stated, we faded badly and even the few good attacks in the second half resulted in some wayward shooting. Perhaps Alfie should have come on sooner. As to the playoffs, the teams above us are pulling away and those just below us are catching up. Will we even make the playoffs?
Tony

Scored only two goals in five games. That’s our problem at the moment and if we keep playing as we are now, we are going to miss out.
Shepperton Supporter

Have to agree a very poor game, we should have been out of sight by half time. Seymour got an opening goal and the partnership with Bloomfield looked promising. Donaldson missed a good chance , but then poor defending allowed an equaliser in first half injury time.
The second half was poor as our visitors packed their defence yet still managed to give us a few heart stopping moments.
Two points lost and to be honest, this team on recent games, is not good enough to be promoted. Midfield needs to be strengthened in the summer in order to create the chances for the forwards.
HamptonMad

There is no such thing as a home banker in this league. If we do manage to creep into the playoffs and play Chelmsford away there is a good chance we will beat them. Its a funny old league.