Taunton here on Saturday.

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
tones

No chance we will beat Chelmsford or anyone one else if we continue to play as badly as we have for the last month or so. Strengthen the midfield if you want but unless we get a proven goalscorer we will always struggle to get promotion.
Josh2002

Agree with many of the comments on here, first half we should've had more than one and were punished for not taking our chances right before the break. Second half was very poor and if Taunton had any quality in the final third they probably would've nicked it. Big opportunity missed, with other teams dropping points. At the minute I struggle to have faith that we'll make the playoffs, let alone beating anyone in them.
Tony

Just a reminder, Taunton lost their last six games and have won just two in the last 21.
Shepperton Supporter

Our current form suggest if we make the playoffs then we will be drawn away against one of the more fancied teams. The current squad is ok at our level but is not strong enough to get promotion and would struggle further up the pyramid as we see from the current National league table.
Given that perhaps this season has planned out better than was anticipated, given the retention of much of last season’s squad. then I would hope for several quality additional players in the summer, if not then the owner’s stated ambitions/ comments don’t stack up.
tones

As you say S S unless the owners, directors or board or whoever is financing the team stump up more cash next season to start getting in some quality players all bets on the clubs future progress will be off.
Tony

Probably wise to asses the success or otherwise of this season once it has finished. Play offs were always the target so if we manage that then compared to last season that is a real step forward. Off the pitch there has been some real progress on improving attendances and raising the profile of the club. The new owners have set their stall out with a declared objective of getting into the EFL in five years. I think most fans take this with a pinch of salt, quite content to progress at a pace where the club remains financially stable. But the point has been rightly made that should we not go up this season then the summer recruitment will be more crucial to revealing the longer term plan. If we haven’t got the funding to realistically compete for promotion then fine by me. As for financial stability we will have to wait until next year to see the outcome of this season’s accounts.