Club Statement 03/05/24

Discussion of all things related to the club and first team
KewBeaver

Is there anything stopping the Trust providing some sort of update. They must have some dialogue with the ownership group? Surely?
Adam

KewBeaver wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 2:02 pm Is there anything stopping the Trust providing some sort of update. They must have some dialogue with the ownership group? Surely?
Considering when they were trying to get new people to sign up for the trust during the season they had to hand out leaflets outside the ground and not in it. I’m not sure what sort of dialogue the club is currently having with them.
TW10

It’s when you hear things like that you realise what this regime is a bit ridiculous. Part of me wants them to fail. Not really a good thing to say.
Shepperton Supporter

Picking up on Tony’s point, results at the end of the season were poor as was the standard of football. A failure to secure a playoff spot might have been the last straw.
As for money, a lot has been spent on staff and their expenses, and many of us would have preferred it going on the playing budget. It might have been a lack of contacts that meant we did not get the standard of loan that some other clubs achieved.
It’s water under the bridge now but its ramifications on next season could be adverse.Let’s hope for more investment and more sensible cost control.
I think we need a manager who is able to commute to the club without the need of hotels would be one of my parameters. Plus of course experience at our level with contacts!
geedub

I see today that Chris Davies stepped down as a director of the club. I don't know anything about him but he was appointed when the brothers took over and I note now he is the founder of one of our sponsors, Uncommon.

Just another worrying bit of info to add to the pile...
TW10

It is the brothers way to exaggerate absolutely anything that might be good news and bury anything that might be bad. So rationally radio silence by the club should be interpreted as bad
EastTerracer

geedub wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 11:28 pm I see today that Chris Davies stepped down as a director of the club. I don't know anything about him but he was appointed when the brothers took over and I note now he is the founder of one of our sponsors, Uncommon.

Just another worrying bit of info to add to the pile...
Seems to hold 136 B shares in RAMAYANA VENTURES LIMITED through CHELCOMBE LIMITED.
ExRef

I wonder what the “Chief of Staff” is doing, or could do, to deal with all the current uncertainties in the absence of the owners?
KewBeaver

The HAMRICH official social media channel is posting as normal and there is info about the new membership scheme so maybe things are not as bad as people are making out. And some staff may have taken holiday straight after Maidstone?
RogerB

KewBeaver wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:39 pm The HAMRICH official social media channel is posting as normal and there is info about the new membership scheme so maybe things are not as bad as people are making out. And some staff may have taken holiday straight after Maidstone?
Didn't the orchestra on the Titanic carry on playing to the watery end?
Shepperton Supporter

To my way of thinking the new manager is key to everything. What I don’t want is someone who has only managed at a lower level who replaces our current team with his own players like Gary did and most of them were not good enough.
Noble ex St Albans might be possible, he was found wanting at Wealdstone. Regretfully the list is not big and we might even find someone like him too expensive?
Any suggestions?
Cliffp

Ian Dyer?

Available
Knows the league
Good coach
Has managed in a caretaker roll and might want to step up